4.0 out of 5 stars Darth Paper
Published on 20 Sep 2011 by Alexander

1.0 out of 5 stars Stupid , deciving book.
I only bought this book to be able to make darth paper . they do show u how to make it but its mnot at all how its look on the front of the book. ill just give thge book to charty may some kid like it or the story that come with it .
Published 19 months ago by Heba Munshi

4.0 out of 5 stars Darth Paper, 20 Sep 2011
I liked this book but it was not as good as The Strange Case of the Origami Yoda. The instructions to fold your Origami Yoda were good and so were the darth paper folding instructions. Origami Yoda wasn't in the book very much and the chapters with him in were not so good as the first book. The book was a bit longer than the first one which helped get into the story a bit more but the book could have done with being a bit longer. The book was still quite exciting and funny. If you liked the first book you will probably like this one too - but warned that it isn't quite as good.
Alexander, now 9.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Darth Paper Strikes Back (UK edition) (Paperback)
My Star Wars loving nine year old son loves this book, together with the yoda and wookiee ones too. Great books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Diary of a Wimpy Kid fans, 20 Jun 2013
Flakes (Norfolk,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Darth Paper Strikes Back (UK edition) (Paperback)
My twelve year old boy loved the 1/2 diary 1/2 comic style of the Wimpy kid books, and this are in a similar vein, so it went down a treat - he has re-read it several times.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny and original, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: Darth Paper Strikes Back (UK edition) (Paperback)
Star Wars is in my top five all time favourite films (more specifically, Star Wars: A New Hope, but when I first watched in back in 1978 it was only known as Star Wars). When I was a kid I had quite a few Star Wars figures, I read the books, and I watched the original trilogy on VHS over and over again. So when a book called Darth Paper Strikes Back popped through my letter box I could not help but be intrigued. A quick read of the press release informed me that it was the sequel to a book called The Strange Case of Origami Yoda, a book that I was not even aware existed. However, I started to skim read the first few pages to get a feel for the book, and I was instantly hooked.

To set the scene, here is the blurb from the first book, Origami Yoda: "Tommy and his classmates narrate this middle grade mystery, each recounting an episode in which they received wise advice from a finger puppet of Yoda, perpetually worn on the finger of their classmate, Dwight, a loser who can't get anything right. Is this puppet really Yoda? Or is Dwight a bit more together than he seems?"

From what I can work out, Dwight turned from zero to hero in the eyes of his classmates thanks to his amazing finger puppet. However, Dwight's nemesis, Harvey, has decided that he wants all of the attention and kicks off the new school year by introducing Darth Paper to his peers. Darth Paper is the complete opposite to Origami Yoda - mean, nasty, and on a mission to discredit Dwight and possibly even get him kicked out of school. If this sounds a little bizarre to you then I would ahve to agree with you on the face of it, but the story is not as strange as it sounds. It is laugh out loud funny and very, very clever.

This is the perfect book for boys (or girls) who love Jeff Kinney's Wimpy Kid books, but have read them so many times that they are beginning to fall apart. By all means go out and buy your kids new copies, but why not slip this one in as well - I am pretty sure they will love it. Especially if they are a Star Wars fan. Until recently I hadn't realised just how popular the Star Wars franchise was with today's 7-10 year olds, but friends have assured me that their sons can't get enough of it, thanks in part to the recent animated series, as well as games like Lego Star Wars. If they are big fans then can't lose with this book - like Wimpy Kid it is full of small doodle-like illustrations, it is narrated in the first person by a host of great kid voices, and if you're still not convinced - it also has instructions on how to make your own origami Darth Paper!

I guess I should just add one small word of warning - this story is set in an American school and as such all the terminology, etc is very American. This did not affect my enjoyment of the story, and I am not sure how many young readers will find it a distraction either, but I thought you had better be aware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark Paper Strikes Back, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: Darth Paper Strikes Back (UK edition) (Paperback)
This was given as a present to my niece's son and sent straight to them. My great nephew is thrilled with it. It arrived promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 13yrd old stepson, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Darth Paper Strikes Back (UK edition) (Paperback)
The only complaint was that he enjoyed it so much he read the entire series in the blink of an eye!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 Sep 2013
D. John (U.K.) - See all my reviews
I thought that this book was absolutely brilliant! It was very interesting and I would recommend it to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Origami fun!!, 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: Darth Paper Strikes Back (UK edition) (Paperback)
My son enjoys this series of books. His friends and he enjoy making & playing with all the origami figures at the end.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stupid , deciving book., 19 Sep 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 2 Sep 2012
This review is from: Darth Paper Strikes Back (UK edition) (Paperback)
This was bought for my 9 year old son. He is not a child who reads a lot - but he really loved this book. He has got such a lot of fun reading this. The style is less intense, a bit similar to Diary of a Wimpy Kid. It seems to strike a chord with where he is at with all that goes on for a 9-year-old.

ARRAY(0xaa1baf9c)

Darth Paper Strikes Back (UK edition)
Darth Paper Strikes Back (UK edition) by Tom Angleberger (Paperback - 1 Sep 2011)
4.99