on 14 November 2012
I would like to start off by saying this is the first time I have written a book review on Amazon, as I have been rarely moved by a book to take this time to write my views for everyone to see.
Dusty White's book "The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot-Ever!!" Is without any doubt the best book for the beginner and advanced tarot reader alike. It explores revolutionary ways to learn what the cards mean along with the so often thrown about term of "card blending" that is portrayed in so many book and from many teachers on the tarot but sadly they misunderstand how it works. For these two points alone this book is worth it, but there is more!
The exercises are designed to build up your skills so you will be confident and able to interrupt and blend the cards in a variety of ways that will make the even larger tarot spreads open up for you and offer far more information than just the traditional card parameters do.
What is also discussed and taught is how to gain more information from the commonly used Celtic Cross spread and Mr. Whites own Roundabout Spread, which uses the tarot to give an overall view and find answers to lead you to your goal.
This book does not cover the ceremonial magic use of the tarot, (Cabalistic correspondences etc) and being honest as an initiate, this knowledge does very little to help you read the cards in the real world. In divination we are seeking facts not maybes and possibles.

I was taught the tarot at an early age and I have read so many books on the tarot in order too gain a greater understanding of the cards, but none have had such positive an effect as this book in such a short a time.
on 7 December 2011
I bought this book hoping that at least some of it would be worth the price of the book. What a wonderful surprise! This book exceeded my expectations.

If you only buy one book on the tarot make it this one! I have many tarot books and this is by far the best.

This is an easy to follow book. All you need to do is to commit to following the instructions as they are set out.

This book more than repays the time spent studying.
on 20 December 2010
Having spent a fortune on tarot books over the years, I questioned whether I really needed another book. After hearing good reviews of Dusty's book I ordered it and kept my fingers crossed that it wasn't going to be a disappointment. I am very happy to say I wasn't disappointed in the slightest, the book is excellent, written in a laid-back style, it is surprisingly quick and easy to read through before starting working with it. I have other "workbooks" that really are hard work, Dusty's book however is not like work at all, I find myself eager to pick it up and keen to practice the exercises as they are presented in a way that is enabling me to enjoy the process, building my skills step by step, really advancing my reading ability without feeling like it is "homework". Dusty's approach has made this process feel relaxed and I am able to take it at my own pace, giving it as little or as much time as I want without feeling that I am back to square one if I havn't had time to practice for a while. Being shown how to learn to read the cards without relying on set meanings is exactly what I was looking for.

Dusty himself is available online at the forum he set up for those who are using the book and he is very encouraging and supportive, the forum has a lovely atmosphere and Dusty is very friendly and approachable.

I do not regret buying this book, the only regret I have is that I didn't have this years ago.
on 12 January 2013
Dusty White has written a fantastic book for beginners and experienced Tarot readers alike. His writing style is very down to earth, and full of humour which makes this a very easy book to get into. He breaks down the art of learning the Tarot into several exercises, all designed to make the process of getting to know and building your personal intuitive relationship with the cards, a simple one. I already knew how to read Tarot, but this book has deepened my understanding of the cards, and brought a depth and accuracy to the readings I give that I didn't have before. Highly recommended - I have read numerous books on Tarot reading over the years, and this is by far and away the best one I have read!! Thanks Dusty...keep them coming!!
on 10 January 2013
This is a great Tarot book - The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot - EVER! A real must have for those wishing to learn how to read the cards. Dusty is an informative teacher who really understands how to make the learning process fun but at the same time instilling his vast wealth of knowledge of the cards to his students. Furthermore, Dusty encourages you to join his Tarot forum for even more supported learning, fun and games... plus online tutorials. Dusty is so approachable and actively encourages students to contact him should they need further information.
on 18 June 2012
I bought a lot of books of tarot, but this one is priceless. It give us confidence to connect with our intuition and not with a pack of meanings from some expert in the area. In this case you become the expert of your own tarot.
on 3 September 2013
This is a no nonsense tarot guide. I no longer class myself as a total beginner, but this book takes you back to the roots, but in a good way. It is not simply a rehash of the same old format as most "teach yourself tarot" books.

There is a very brief introduction to Tarot, what it is, how it works etc. But really the book jumps right into what you need in order to get started: what deck to get, info on having a tarot journal, an explanation that the cards can mean different things to different people - and this is why meanings vary from book to book, a section on different ways in which reversed cards are interpreted and a run down on what your first 30 days of learning will look like.

Section two of the book is all about getting to know your cards through a series of exercises. There are no definitive meanings given here, and no mention of learning keywords. This is all about playing with the cards, looking at the pictures, and thinking about what they mean to you.

The author presents some fun exercises that you can do on your own but which are also beneficial for using when working with a partner. Such a game/exercise is "this happens to me, this happens to you". The idea is to pull a card and give a scenario of what will happen to you based on the card you drew, and then the second card is what happens to the other person based on the card you drew for them. The idea is to desensitise yourself to giving both yourself and/or someone else difficult news. It is trying to remove the subjective you and introduce a more objective way of delivering the messages in the cards, therefore preparing you to read for others (and yourself). This is one example, there are 12 exercises here in total to enhance your personal connection with the cards. The aim is to work through them sequentially. The author, Dusty White, instructs you to just use the minor arcana the first few times round with these exercises. This is because the minor arcana are a bit easier to work with, they are more straightforward and describe day to day life. The major arcana can confuse the initial learning as they are quite static cards and it is not as easy to intuitively grasp their meaning. After you have mastered the exercises with just the minor arcana, you are then encouraged to go back and add in the major arcana.

The book then moves on to spreads. The celtic cross is there, along with the astrological spread. But there are a number of unique spreads too that I think have probably been created by Dusty. Mirroring Dusty's general style these spreads are no nonsense, and practical to use. I have not tried everything out in the book yet but I have certainly read the book along with listening to his podcasts regularly, which brings some of the material in the book to life I might add.

The book then turns into a workbook and runs through each card starting with the minor arcana. There is Dusty's explanations/views on one side and then there is questions and spaces to write your thoughts on the right hand page.

We then move into the final section - section six, which inevitably begins with the question "what to do next?" The advice is to go back over the book, practice, use all the internet resources available, especially from Dusty himself, then what to do over the next 60 days, then 90 days etc. There is some great advice here and good pointers. We finally move in to the Appendix which has all kinds of great miscellaneous advice such as "troubleshooting", FAQ's (from fellow students), a brief tarot history, a bit on doing parties, some info on mystery schools, some recommended reading and finally a glossary.

This book is very well put together, it is a huge well of knowledge - I wish it was one of the first books I had bought because it totally takes all the superstitions, anxieties etc out of learning and dealing with the tarot. This book talks to you on your level, like you are a normal human being; it is not elitist, it does not throw esoteric terms around willy nilly in order to confuse, all the information is accessible and written in such an engaging way.

I recommend checking it out, especially if you are a beginner, but still totally relevant even if you think you are past the beginner stage I think as there is some really great info and advice here that you won't find in any other books (or none that I have read). This book strips away the confusion and teaches you in a straight forward manner without mention of kabbalah, numerology, colour theory or any other additional associations that are forced upon tarot cards and ultimately lead to confusion when you are first learning.
on 19 November 2010
This book is one of those rare books good books that come along now and again. It is presented in an easy style, but makes you think. At the same time it is very informative and encourages you to study and learn. A style I have not seen in many other Tarot books, I would recommend it to beginners and more advanced Tarot practitioners.
VINE VOICEon 30 October 2010
Traditional methods of teaching the Tarot involved the student having to learn long lists of correspondences and attributes. The end result was a stifling of intuition and 'inner knowing' with students merely repeating what they had learned.

This is different - from the outset, the author wants you to get the know your deck and discover how you relate to each card. Dusty does provide some tips along the way but the book does two things: firstly, it's a journey of discovery of the cards. Secondly, it's a journey of self-discovery.

Well worth reading as long as you do the lessons. This is not an intellectual exercise - it's a roll up your sleeves and immerse yourself book.
on 30 August 2013
If you're serious about learning the tarot, then this is the book for you! Look no further! This book has taught me how to read tarot spreads the right way - like a pro. The book and exercises contained within have significantly improved my confidence in understanding, and thereby interpreting, the cards. After only a short amount of time of practicing the exercises, I can draw much more information from the spreads than I ever could, and now my readings have become considerably more accurate and specific. This is purely down to this book, the exercises, and the abundance of additional help and information that Dusty White provides by way of online podcasts, webinars, video lessons, articles etc., etc., etc...!
Buying this book was one of the best decisions that I've ever made - it is changing my life! (And I'm not being overly dramatic.) So take my advice & buy it - you won't look back... :-)

The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot - EVER!! (House of White Library-Aphrodite's Book of Secrets)