Published on 8 Nov. 2008 by Hannah

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better
Published 13 months ago by Ethan G

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better, 16 April 2014
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
Initially I liked this book, it was the first book on Lenormand reading I had read. The history of the cards at the begining was really interesting, there is quite a bit dedicated to each card which was good and still very much traditional. What I liked was the author has given some meanings for each card in combination with every card of the deck. This is really helpful as Lenormand cards are really read in conjunction with other cards. I would still like to have seen some other interpretations for the combinations. The reason this book only gets 3 stars is the method for reading the cards which Sylvie teaches is very unusual and just does not seem to work well and certainly was no good for a beginer. You basicly shuffle then pull cards until you get to the significator you have chosen. All the cards you get before you get to your card are laid out in a row and form the reading spread. The first two times I tried this I had like 25 cards laid out which im supposed to interpret for my answer! I just cant work like that not with so many simple and complex options of Lenormand spreads available. Another issue was that there was no way to jump to the card entry you want from an index, so you basicly have to flick through the book looking for the titles every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy From BookSurge in the Used and New Section! - Most Comprehensive Guide You Can Find On Lenormand Cards, 8 Nov. 2008
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
Very full of information with Card Meanings including time scales and planetary correspondances, card combinations (keywords for every two card combination listed!), the no layout spread and the art of interpretation with examples. There is a section which give example readings in certain life subjects such as love and business which are especially helpful and help to 'put together in your mind' the card combinations and the use of 'key cards' in spreads.

Its a good book, but then again there is only one other prominant book on using the Lenormand cards available! There is a lot more room and need for a more detailed and advanced learning resource on the Lenormand Cards.

I ordered this book from 'Booksurge' in the 'Used and New' Section in Amazon Market place for £10.93 plus £2.75 Postage! I got the book in less than a week which is great considering that BookSurge is an Amazon Company in the USA which publishes book and is printed to order. So USA to UK in 7 days for cheap postage is excellent!

Order this book from BookSurge!

3.0 out of 5 stars First English book, 26 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
The book is the first that i have read that details a method of reading the Lenormand Oracle.And yes you can be up and running with this system,in a short time.What i would have liked is a bit more information as to how this way of reading is more accurate than a more traditional method.But overall a good book for a person new to the Lenormand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 24 July 2009
S. Fitzgerald - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
I found the cards in a second hand shop in Spain, the deck was complete but the explanatory booklet was missing, so I was very pleased to find this book on Amazon as the cards were delightfully intriguing and I really wanted to try them.
The book is well written, and offers clear instructions and guidance on how to use and interpret the cards as well as some history and tips for improving psychic ability if you're into that kind of thing. The readings I've done using the cards and books together have been spookily accurate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have Book!, 23 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
For a very long time I searched for a well written manual on how to read these cards. I purchased every book written in English on the Lenormand I could find. This one wins by a mile! It has well written easy to read instruction and meanings of cards passed down through generations. This is the only book I ever need when reading with the Lenormand highly recommended from beginner to advance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brief and Clear Book on How to Read Lenormand Cards - Great for Beginners, 2 May 2015
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
This is the fourth Lenormand book/course that I've bought and it was a lot better than I thought. The book is 237 pages long, is written in a nice easy to read font of perfect size, the book size and quality are satisfying.

I didn't hear much about the book author Sylvie Steinbach and I was surprised to see that she is a successful psychic from France living and working in Los Angeles, US. The author dedicated this book to her aunt who was a Lenormand expert and a psychic too.

The book consists of 7 secrets - different chapters. First chapter introduces card meanings and has concise list of card combinations, starting from Rider and ending with Cross. A separate page is dedicated to each card and it includes keywords/meanings, descriptions, astrological reference, associated Lenormand playing card, special features and body connection. I found the astrological reference (that includes planet ruler of the card, astrological sign, element and month) new for me I never used them before.

After receiving this book, I read it in one sitting. The written language was very easy, the paragraphs organized very neatly and everything made an absolute sense. The author nicely balances traditional part of Lenormand with the not so traditional - psychic part where she introduces her own created "no layout method" (which is pretty much fun actually and is not something so surprisingly different and unique as I have had imagined before). The author teaches what she has experenced to be more useful and more effective in Lenormand for her, what worked for her and she encourages learners to refer to the "old school" theory as well as open up for one's psychic abilities (she even has some visualization techniques in the end of the book).

I really loved this book and I am amazed at why I haven't bought it earlier. This book is really good for beginners as well as those who are interested in Lenormand cards and want to read about one more way to read them. "The Secrets to the Lenormand Oracle" offers some really good examples about how to do relationship, love, pregnancy (number of children), people description readings that are so popular. Sylvie Steinbach also has a chapter called "The 10 Psychic Commandments" where she explains the ethics for those who want to work professionally. I felt these to be really useful as many people would often not know if they should charge their readings or not, whether they should read for relative, themselves or not - the author explains everything.

The other things I loved about the book was that it was written in a very blunt, short and clear style where only neccessary things were introduced and everything that was not so important seemed to be ommitted. Although I wished the book could have been thicker, it makes a really great referrence and a book to carry around for short look ups and exercises. It also was great to feel that the author is someone who really reads the cards for work and talks about things from her own experience as a reader. Everyone who reads cards can really understand what sort of challenges is she writting briefly in the book. I am really happy to find answers to some of my important questions such as: why is GT so tedious, why Moon comes up in love readings so often, why do Paths card come up in location description readings (when I thought it meant decision only) and so on.

"The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle" has a very nice chapter on timing as well. In short, I love this book. It can be a little short - the only disadvantage I could think of. It also doesn't focus on traditional Lenormand reading techniques and it only quickly goes through a Great Tableau, without really teaching it. Instead the author focuses on the "no layout technique" which is very simple. I recommend this book for those who are beginners or want a short and concise summary about the fundamentals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
I bought this book a while ago and I can't believe I forgot to review it. This book is fantastic. It's absolutely jam packed with helpful information to help you get to grips with these cards. Sylvie is a fantastic teacher and a very talented woman all round. I had never ever read or owned Lenormand cards before, so this was a first for me.

I bought the Mystical and Sylvie's book SLO, and I'm not lying when I say within under an hour I could do a basic reading with the NO LAYOUT SYSTEM. The no layout system is a quick easy no nonsense way to read. Sylvie's meanings for the cards have been updated somewhat too which I think is a good thing, as this brings the cards into the NOW, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I have simply amazed friends with readings. I still have tons of information to learn and I'm sure I will enjoy every moment of this experience. Sylvie gives up her time on forums and radio etc, to help students everywhere to get to grips with this system. Although I don't know her in person, I can say that she is one of the most generous people with her time and patience I have ever known

She also does workshops to help people learn this system to which the people that attend think are fantastic. I just wish I could afford to go to one as I think it would be an excellent experience. The last ones I know of have been in New Zealand...lucky people who had the chance to work with her! I can't reccommend this book enough. If you're thinking about it or mulling it over DON'T just go buy it!!! I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
Excellent book, actually goes into great detail on combinations, cannot fault this work of art. If you are new to lenormand this is the only book u will need to begin - to the point no faffing around to pad it out. Would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars great thank you, 10 Nov. 2013
Thank you for a good swift service.
Product as requested, arrived in good order.
Thank you it was a pleasure doing business with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars The secrets of the Lenromand Oracle Sylvie Steinbach, 19 Dec. 2012
Les (Oost-Souburg, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
Rushed as I ma at the moment, I skimmed through this new book - I haven't had time to actually read it yet. But from the skimming I'd say, that Sylvie has written a very complete book, with a wealth of information on the Lenormand deck. I look very forward to sitting down and working with this information she has added to the current available info on Lenormands. Should I have anything more to add, I'll have to do that at a later date, KInd regards, L.B.

The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle
The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle by Sylvie Steinbach (Paperback - 10 Aug. 2007)