Published on 8 Nov 2008 by Hannah

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better
Published 5 months ago by Ethan G

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy From BookSurge in the Used and New Section! - Most Comprehensive Guide You Can Find On Lenormand Cards, 8 Nov 2008
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
Very full of information with Card Meanings including time scales and planetary correspondances, card combinations (keywords for every two card combination listed!), the no layout spread and the art of interpretation with examples. There is a section which give example readings in certain life subjects such as love and business which are especially helpful and help to 'put together in your mind' the card combinations and the use of 'key cards' in spreads.

Its a good book, but then again there is only one other prominant book on using the Lenormand cards available! There is a lot more room and need for a more detailed and advanced learning resource on the Lenormand Cards.

I ordered this book from 'Booksurge' in the 'Used and New' Section in Amazon Market place for 10.93 plus 2.75 Postage! I got the book in less than a week which is great considering that BookSurge is an Amazon Company in the USA which publishes book and is printed to order. So USA to UK in 7 days for cheap postage is excellent!

Order this book from BookSurge!

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better, 16 April 2014
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
Initially I liked this book, it was the first book on Lenormand reading I had read. The history of the cards at the begining was really interesting, there is quite a bit dedicated to each card which was good and still very much traditional. What I liked was the author has given some meanings for each card in combination with every card of the deck. This is really helpful as Lenormand cards are really read in conjunction with other cards. I would still like to have seen some other interpretations for the combinations. The reason this book only gets 3 stars is the method for reading the cards which Sylvie teaches is very unusual and just does not seem to work well and certainly was no good for a beginer. You basicly shuffle then pull cards until you get to the significator you have chosen. All the cards you get before you get to your card are laid out in a row and form the reading spread. The first two times I tried this I had like 25 cards laid out which im supposed to interpret for my answer! I just cant work like that not with so many simple and complex options of Lenormand spreads available. Another issue was that there was no way to jump to the card entry you want from an index, so you basicly have to flick through the book looking for the titles every time.

3.0 out of 5 stars First English book, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
The book is the first that i have read that details a method of reading the Lenormand Oracle.And yes you can be up and running with this system,in a short time.What i would have liked is a bit more information as to how this way of reading is more accurate than a more traditional method.But overall a good book for a person new to the Lenormand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 24 July 2009
S. Fitzgerald - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
I found the cards in a second hand shop in Spain, the deck was complete but the explanatory booklet was missing, so I was very pleased to find this book on Amazon as the cards were delightfully intriguing and I really wanted to try them.
The book is well written, and offers clear instructions and guidance on how to use and interpret the cards as well as some history and tips for improving psychic ability if you're into that kind of thing. The readings I've done using the cards and books together have been spookily accurate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have Book!, 23 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
For a very long time I searched for a well written manual on how to read these cards. I purchased every book written in English on the Lenormand I could find. This one wins by a mile! It has well written easy to read instruction and meanings of cards passed down through generations. This is the only book I ever need when reading with the Lenormand highly recommended from beginner to advance.

5.0 out of 5 stars great thank you, 10 Nov 2013
Thank you for a good swift service.
Product as requested, arrived in good order.
Thank you it was a pleasure doing business with you.

4.0 out of 5 stars good starter book, 16 April 2013
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
I've moved on from her method of reading and would have liked more background on readings, but I found the card combinations helpful - not for the meanings as much as for seeing a working method of combining them. I've lent this to a friend now, as 'm doing Andyb's superb free online course.

5.0 out of 5 stars The secrets of the Lenromand Oracle Sylvie Steinbach, 19 Dec 2012
Les (Oost-Souburg, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
Rushed as I ma at the moment, I skimmed through this new book - I haven't had time to actually read it yet. But from the skimming I'd say, that Sylvie has written a very complete book, with a wealth of information on the Lenormand deck. I look very forward to sitting down and working with this information she has added to the current available info on Lenormands. Should I have anything more to add, I'll have to do that at a later date, KInd regards, L.B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
I bought this book a while ago and I can't believe I forgot to review it. This book is fantastic. It's absolutely jam packed with helpful information to help you get to grips with these cards. Sylvie is a fantastic teacher and a very talented woman all round. I had never ever read or owned Lenormand cards before, so this was a first for me.

I bought the Mystical and Sylvie's book SLO, and I'm not lying when I say within under an hour I could do a basic reading with the NO LAYOUT SYSTEM. The no layout system is a quick easy no nonsense way to read. Sylvie's meanings for the cards have been updated somewhat too which I think is a good thing, as this brings the cards into the NOW, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I have simply amazed friends with readings. I still have tons of information to learn and I'm sure I will enjoy every moment of this experience. Sylvie gives up her time on forums and radio etc, to help students everywhere to get to grips with this system. Although I don't know her in person, I can say that she is one of the most generous people with her time and patience I have ever known

She also does workshops to help people learn this system to which the people that attend think are fantastic. I just wish I could afford to go to one as I think it would be an excellent experience. The last ones I know of have been in New Zealand...lucky people who had the chance to work with her! I can't reccommend this book enough. If you're thinking about it or mulling it over DON'T just go buy it!!! I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle (Paperback)
Excellent book, actually goes into great detail on combinations, cannot fault this work of art. If you are new to lenormand this is the only book u will need to begin - to the point no faffing around to pad it out. Would recommend

The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle
The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle by Sylvie Steinbach (Paperback - 10 Aug 2007)
9.56