5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and Scholarly, 24 Feb 2007
S. Plowright (Sydney, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Our Troth: History and Lore: 1 (Paperback)
This book offers a well researched view of the Germanic mythological and spiritual world, without being too dry or formal in its approach. It is geared toward giving those interested in following the Northern paths a thorough grounding in the known literature, as well as a practical and realistic way to incorporate this lore into ones spiritual life.

It is a substantial tome, covering a lot of ground, and is probably the most complete textbook of its kind. It is intended as the historical part of a two volume set. The next volume dealing with the more esoteric side.

The book is mercifully free of the political, philosophical, and fantasy agendas that plague so many of the popular manuals. If I had to recommend one book for the prospective Heathen, this would be it.

Sweyn

Author of

The Rune Primer

& True Helm

(Both available on Amazon)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent introduction to the northern faith, 17 Dec 2009
J Binnie "Pingu" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Our Troth: History and Lore: 1 (Paperback)
Easy to read, a great source of reference (that also names it's references for academic purposes), and well structured.

This book is a bugger to find on the shelves and thanks Odin it's back in print.

5.0 out of 5 stars There is more to this world Horatio then you or I can divine !, 19 Sep 2010
T. M. Johnson (Sydney) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Our Troth: History and Lore: 1 (Paperback)
I bought the 1993 versions of this book. I found them to be my main source of theology and practice for becoming a heathen. I think that a new comer would want this type of text book for grasping the pathos, mentality and the rules of heathenism. I hope any new comer gains the strength, insight and inner peace that I have gained from Kvedulf Gundarsson's writings. Whens the next book coming out ?

You work your way to the Gods seeing you then you get your path. You will know it when it happens. This is an interactive path you will see your Gods and know them.
Meditating on the runes is very good for connecting to the various Gods of the heathen pantheon. You will need the next book to study the runes.
Tracey

5.0 out of 5 stars Good resource, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Our Troth: History and Lore: 1 (Paperback)
Informative and well written. Knowledgable without preaching and very easy to read. Well worth buying for anyone interested in this subject.

Our Troth: History and Lore: 1
Our Troth: History and Lore: 1 by Kveldulf Gundarsson (Paperback - 27 April 2006)
13.68