‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 24 hours ? Don't make me laugh!, 23 April 2011
I've studied theology as an Anglican and was healed miraculously in church in 1983 when I became a reluctant charismatic and have been learning about and reading the Bible for many years. I even THOUGHT that I understood what The Bible was about. When I first saw the title of this book I was put off; how can anyone learn the whole Bible in 24 hours ? Surely this is merely a marketing ploy to get the attention of people who aren't prepared to invest years in Bible study ? Oh boy was I in for a shock ! I suppose that you COULD read it in 24 hours but you'd be the poorer for doing so. This is simply the best summary of each book in the Bible that I've ever seen; written in such a way that anyone can understand. It has opened my eyes to a new dimension in understanding the Scriptures. I cannot recommend this enough.If you want to understand the Bible; buy this book, if you have friends or relatives who need to understand the Bible, give them this book. Keep a spare copy in your library to lend to people so they can understand that they need to get a copy for themselves. I would willingly exchange a theological library of traditional commentaries for a single copy of this. It will encourage you to do your own homework and to study in depth and will give you the tools to do so. I would go so far as to recommend that every person who goes to Bible School, theological college or even a humble home Bible study needs this book; mine is already underlined and highlighted! Exceptionally well written, fun to read ( yes, Chuck has a delightful sense of humour ) and if this doesn't change the way you see the Bible, nothing will.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for every christian, both young and old!!, 1 Dec 2008
E. K. Vowotor "Master" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I was introduced to Chuck Missler's series whilst studying in Scotland and his materials have been extremely helpful. "Learn The Bible In 24hrs" is indeed a must read for every christian. I couldnt wait for this book. It gave me an exciting insight into the 66 books summarised into one book. Chuck's presentation really simplifies and summarises the integrated message, the central theme of the entire Bible... God's plan to redeem us. I continue to thank God for Chuck Missler and his ministry. His book and other materials have encouraged me to search God's word and has enriched me greatly. God bless you Chuck!!

5.0 out of 5 stars SO MUCH more than the title implies! BRILLIANT eye-opener!, 26 Feb 2011
C. L. Brook (U.K.) - See all my reviews
From the title I expected a rough, quick run-through explanation of the whole bible...I was looking to get my head around the chronoligical order of things. However, the book has been so much more than that, as so much is put into a wider context. I have found this book totally absorbing...the amalgamation and explanations from science, ancient prophesy and recorded history. I was relieved and reassured by Chuck's comments about the clear references to dinosaurs (and 'dragons')in the bible and their obvious existence in human history (which I always thought had to be the case) and even nowadays (the book shows a photograph of a dinosaur found off New Zealand in 1979). Also, the chapters dealing with STATISTICAL PROBABILITIES of so many biblical prophesies being fulfilled..were stunning. For example, the random chances of Yeshua fulfilling even 8 of the hundreds of Old Testament prophesies that had been made about him and which have already come true are in numbers it is hard to contemplate...let alone chances of the formation of the new state of Israel on the exact date in human history it was prophesied in the bible that it would come about!!!!)It is gripping reading. In many places ENCRYPTED words are shown to occue in the old testament stating Jesus name, place of birth, and many details of his life. The book is a collection of mind-blowing information for ANYONE open-minded enough to actually assess and consider the evidence. The conclusion has got to be that God is in His heaven and that human history is moving exactly the way it was always planned by Him that it would...there is a plan and a purpose and it is stunning....IF you have an open and enquiring mind, read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bible Unlocked..., 15 Jun 2009
Martin Swift (Scotland. U. K.) - See all my reviews
I first saw & heard of Chuck Missler on a programme on GOD TV, I more or less googled his name and found a wealth of books and dvds all about religion and in particular religious subjects I was presently studying...
Learn the Bible in 24 hours is an incredibly thought out book, okay so some people may not agree with Chuck's interpretations that are mentioned in the various chapters within, but they will find themselves more understanding what the great book of the Holy Bible is all about.
I beleive that any book like this will assist any Bible Student in increasing their personal knowledge and understanding...thenkyou Chuck Missler and thankyou GOD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bible study, 18 Aug 2010
I enjoyed watching Chuck Missler on the TV but due to the speed he presented the information, found it difficult to take notes and keep up with him.

This book is brilliant.... Absolutely brilliant!

He became too intellectual for me in Genesis but I still enjoyed Reading the scientific stuff. What is so good is that he got me thinking about things from a different perspective at times, and has pulled together my years of Bible Reading and shown so clearly how the Old links into the New Testament and vice versa.

I have told my closest friend that she MUST buy it, she cannot borrow mine because when I finish it - which I almost have, then I intend to go back through it and use it as a tool for Bible study, checking references and various accounts to search the scriptures and check the validity of this amazing piece of work.

The section that explained about the patterns of sevens in scripture blew my mind away.

One of the best books to accompany my Bible I have personally read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 5 Jan 2012
I bought this book because I was intrigued by the title "Learn the Bible in 24 hours", which of course is impossible. Really it should be called "Learn ABOUT the Bible in 24 hours". But nevertheless it is a great read and is a good book to have alongside when studying the Bible or just as an interesting tool to explain the different books which make up the Bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chuck Missler - Learn the Bible in 24 Hours, 27 Nov 2011
S. K. North - See all my reviews
Dr Chuck Missler is a very experienced Bible teacher who has a gift for in depth Biblical insights. This book goes through the Bible in 24 lessons each an hour long. I think that this book is well worth the read, even if you go through your Bible yourself from beginning to end every year, as he makes connections that without his giftings one may miss.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT READ, 4 May 2012
I bought this book as I like the way Chuck Missler writes.
This book title is mis-leading as it takes far longer than 24hrs.
However, this is an outstanding book & I have found some wonderful snippets.
My aim is to learn my Bible so therefore I am not just reading but
making many notes and going to & fro with various Bibles.
I am in no rush, I am savouring each & every morsel.
It is not the first of his books I have read and it will certainly not be the last.

5.0 out of 5 stars The bible is true, 28 Jun 2010
EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the world needs to read this book. This book is the best guide to the bible that money can buy. This book demonstrates exactly how we can tell that the bible has not been contrived or is in any way a kind of fraud. Chuck Missler shows us how the Word of God perfectly knits together and highlights to us many features of the bible that demonstrate how we can know for sure that the bible is the WORD of God. The bible is perfect by design - every page every verse every word all there by design. This book will make your faith rocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 7 April 2009
This book confirms and encourages the Christian faith. Well worth a read.
Dont miss the chance, get it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Learn The bible 24 hrs
Learn The bible 24 hrs by Chuck Missler (Paperback - 29 Nov 2011)