5.0 out of 5 stars A new experience of the Lords Prayer, 24 Feb 2012
Zubin (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
I first met this book nearly 20 years ago and I was so grateful for it. As a child in England I had struggled to understand the Lord's Prayer and had even tried to put it into words I could understand. I later became very disappointed in what I met in Christianity ... THIS BOOK helped me renew my living link with Christ and The Divine. The translations by Neil are amazing and bring great inspiration. There are 7 translations of nearly every line so you can make a prayer to suit you now, and re-make it again at another point in life. This book is a life companion.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book of inspirations, 22 Dec 2009
This book was given to me a couple of years ago, just as I was moving, and inadvertently got packed in a box which was stored. When I unearthed it, it was late at night, and at quite a difficult time for me. I can only say that I found peace within the pages of this beautiful book. If you are serious about knowing yourself better, this book will be your friend and guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Don't Have To Be Sufi, 10 Jun 2013
This is a collection of ancient and contemporary meditation stories, with bits of poetry here and there. Each of the more than 90 stories addresses everyday issues, from friendship and freedom, to being present or pain and loss.

Stories that include donkeys are frequent and one humorous favorite is Mastering Life (p210) in which a man is thinking aloud, feeling good about his accomplishments. "It was... when I was in my glory that the donkey responded with the noise you heard as if to say `Here's what I think of that!"

Each story begins with a purpose and ends with meditation. The book is ideal for busy types who want a quick, albeit deep and philosophical shot of spirituality integrated into each day. It is a pick any page anywhere reader that also lends itself to lingering, relaxed reflection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sufi Book of Life, 7 Oct 2012
Amazon Customer (Merdrignac, Cotes d'Armor, FR) - See all my reviews
This is the book I have looking for after many years. It is written with candour, simplicity and directness. The philosophy is direct from Sufi wisdom and the meditations, to be done daily, address the longing of the heart to know its divine source. I can't recommend this book more highly to the seeker of the revelation of life's most profound mystery: 'Who am I?'

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Compass for the Soul., 10 Mar 2014
Cathartic reappraisal of the fundamental portal of relation between the Invisible and the visible as given in the 99 Beautiful Names of Islam, this book opens the heart of the Sufi lore to be a compass for practically arriving at your next heartfelt destination.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must, 5 Mar 2012
An absolute must for anyone in need of a daily spiritual lift. I read a pathway every day and the readings have helped me through some extremely difficult times in the past few years, wouldn't be without it.

ARRAY(0xaf60315c)

Sufi Book of Life: 99 Pathways of the Heart for the Modern Dervish
Sufi Book of Life: 99 Pathways of the Heart for the Modern Dervish by Neil Douglas-Klotz (Hardcover - Mar 2005)
Out of stock