A beautiful pop-up book which is to be appreciated by all ages. And when you get to the end page, a truly delightful Christmas Tree with twikling lights - should appeal to the child in all of us.
Published on 17 Jan 2008 by Ms. L. DACOSTA

3.0 out of 5 stars Would be nice, if it worked
This isn't a bad book - the story is beautiful and so is the artwork. Unfortunately, I couldn't recommend it. Every page made a frightening cracking and groaning noise as we opened it for the first time (which is to be expected from a brand new pop-up book) but two of the pages either didn't work or tore when being opened - again, for the first time, and very carefully...
Published on 31 Oct 2011 by ngotadoro

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, Delightful, Pop-up Book for all ages, some with guidance., 17 Jan 2008
Ms. L. DACOSTA "ldc1000" (Portugal) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and artistic paper pop-up, 9 May 2001
Robert Sabuda is well known in America for his clever and experimental books. A bestseller in the States, this little volume has on every page an intricate and quite astounding pop-up feature relating to the relevant number in the children's rhyme, "The 12 Days of Christmas". For example, "four singing birds" is represented by a piece of pie containing the four birds, in a humorous allegory to another famous rhyme "Old King Cole". The pop-ups themselves are made from plain white card, which adds weight to the genius of the mechanics and entices you to study them in minute detail. Really, this book is more an example of origami than simple pop-up and one that you may find yourself unwilling to hand over, willy-nilly to your kids. A three year old would wreck it within five minutes, and, personally, this is one book I would like to keep perfect, so that many generations can enjoy it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and not just for kids!, 24 Nov 2009
This review is from: The 12 Days of Christmas (Hardcover)
This is an amzing book and out of the Sabuda Christmas ones I'd say this one is the best although Winter's Tale is also lovely. And don't just waste it on kids - get it for yourself. Really worth treasuring.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Heirloom, 28 Nov 2003
This book is a tour de force of creativity and turns the pop up book into an art form. It is the most innovative book I have seen since the Griffin & Sabine series. I originally bought it for my baby son but have wound up ordering a dozen more to give as gifts to our friends who are architects, artists, and graphic designers, all of whom have loved it. Order several!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb pop-up present, 18 Jan 2012
This review is from: The 12 Days of Christmas (Hardcover)
Having bought previous Sabuda books for myself and my partner in recent years I decided to purchase this for my mother as an additional Christmas present. She loved it. The book is up to the usual standard in terms of surprises and very clever paper designs that literally pop out of the page at you. I wouldn't recommend it for smaller children as you do need to be careful when opening the pages (especially for the first time) and occasionally a page will need a little extra coaxing. This version came as a special anniversary edition - the last page included LEDs so it lit up when opened, and an additional Two Turtle Doves 3D paper mobile was included to hang on your Christmas tree.

A wonderful present for yourself or someone else. If you've never seen a Sabuda pop-up book this is as good an introduction as any. And once you're hooked, seek out the Wizard of Oz or The Night Before Christmas. Superb!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous surprise for all ages, 13 Feb 2011
This review is from: The 12 Days of Christmas (Hardcover)
I originally bought this book for a young niece and a friend's young daughter a couple of Christmas' ago. They both loved it. This year I bought it for an adult who was even more captivated! (Maybe they better understood the technical complexities of producing the work. I understand pop up books are under threat due to excessive production costs so this could well prove a classic of the future

5.0 out of 5 stars Breath taking!, 23 Dec 2010
This review is from: The 12 Days of Christmas (Hardcover)
Beautiful,Magical,Exciting,Inventive,Precious,Modern yet traditional, I love this book, so glad I bought it, a treasure to keep forever, lights at the end! and the little ornament is so dear. Exstatic with my purchase. BUY THIS BOOK NOW

5.0 out of 5 stars brings a smile to your face, 29 Nov 2010
This review is from: The 12 Days of Christmas (Hardcover)
I have just bought this and the night before Christmas for my 9 month old son's first Christmas with the idea being that they become a Christmas tradition. Well you may think I'm mad they are quite expensive baby books but this book was the first book he has sat and let me read all the way through not once but twice. The pop ups are strong enough to with hold a grab here or there and I love the tree at the end as does my son. I think they are great books for any age and I'm looking forward to using them for many years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
This review is from: The 12 Days of Christmas (Hardcover)
Very good bargain!!! Love it....

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 25 May 2014
This review is from: The 12 Days of Christmas (Hardcover)
A beautiful book for your children at christmas. My sister-in-law had it and it became a custom to read every christmas so I purchased one for a friend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The 12 Days of Christmas
The 12 Days of Christmas by Robert Sabuda (Hardcover - 2 Oct 2006)
13.59