on 6 January 2012
Sophie McKenzie books never fail to amaze my fourteen year old daughter, she is one of those teenagers you expect to be all about fashion and make up, shes never off Facebook and running up the phone bill , but yet when it comes to books you don't see her for days, she orders books off amazon non stop and sits in her room reading them till she is finished. She says: Sophie McKenzie is my favorite author, i have read just about all her books like - Girl Missing, Blood Ties, The One and Only, Sister Missing, Blood Ransom, Six Steps to being a girl, and Threes a crowd, but I'm pretty sure there's more! If you have enjoyed her books before, then don't hesitate to buy the ones i just listed above, i honestly couldn't put them down till i have finished, they drag you into the world of the characters and the emotions you feel for them are incredible, i was in tears and just about every book i read of hers and everyone that has not read her books in most defiantly missing out.
If you are thinking about purchasing this book make sure you get the other 2 in the series and read them in order - six steps to being a girl, threes a crowd then the one and only. I don't usually read books that are about deaths and funerals, i'm more a romance kind of person but i loved this series so much even when i was shedding tears like there was no tomorrow. These books get your mind buzzing and alive, and i don't know what else to say but if your having doubts then just buy it and try it if you don't like it then I'm sorry for your loss :)
on 2 October 2012
This series of books are called the all about eve books.they are written from the view of 15 year old luke, in this first book his dad has just died and and he sees one of his older sisters friend and its love at sight .well for him at lest eve already has a boyfriend. so starts thesix steps to a girl help by his friend ryan he tries to make eve notice him but will she?
on 7 August 2007
'The first time I saw her was at my dad's funeral.'

One thing I love about Sophie McKenzie's books is the pace she sets. Things happen! And not always the things you'd expect. In this book ordinary Luke falls for stunning Eve. He thinks he has no chance but then his pal Ryan tells him 'six steps for getting a girl.' Any girl. Even Eve. I found it almost impossible to put this book down.

There's only one thing wrong with 'Six Steps'... the pink, girly cover.

But don't let it frighten you off, guys. You'll love it.
on 22 August 2015
I really loved this book to be honest, I haven't been reading anything on my kindle for a few weeks but when I found this book it was quite interesting, and it was quite sad tge whole way through, and I would recommend this book 10 plus Yr Olds. This is the first series, now Im going to read the series 2 then 3.
on 11 July 2010
I found this book on Amazon, I didn't think it was going to be much. However I read a bit before I bought it thanks to LOOK INSIDE on this website. I found this interesting, sad, and funny!! Some bits I cried alot in but it was a spectacular read for me. I would encourage people to read it!! All you need to do is press the LOOK INSIDE button on the book, and you'll see for yourself that this book is a definate must-read!!
on 2 July 2013
I decided to read this book as my friend recommended it. As soon as I bought it, I couldn't put it down! It was brilliant from start to finish! I especially thought the song lyrics for each new chapter, described that chapter brilliantly! I would recommended this book to middle/late teenagers.
on 4 January 2013
It is so good I loved it so much it usually takes me ages for me to finish reading a book but with Sophie McKenzie's books I finish them in a matter of days She is a REALLY good writer I recommend all of her books especially ones of this series

Hope I helped
on 29 December 2013
I couldn't put the book down. Quite literally, on the bus, when in a shopping que etc I would be transfixed on this great novel downloaded on my smartphone. It is a great teenage read and I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
on 16 March 2014
A great series of books, my 15 year old has read them all, trouble is she reads very quickly and we get through many books. Mainly aimed at girls but a 15 old should read at least one to find out a bit more about 'girls' minds.
on 3 November 2012
This was the best book I have ever read joint with three's a crowd and the one and only which are the other two of this series defenitately recommend is book to 10+ because it does have some language in it !!!!!!!!!! READ IT