5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner
I was completely absorbed in this book from the first chapter. Sophie McKenzie hits you right in the face with every chapter ending, leaving you quickly scrabbling through the pages to find out what would happen next. Each chapter is quite short and sharp and you find yourself holding your breath in between turning to the next one.

Lauren is a very strong...
Published on 16 Aug 2011 by Serendipity Reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
So I've wanted to read this book for a long time now and when I saw it on Scribd I knew I had to add it to my library. Then last week when I was bored, I thought I would give it a go, and I'm really upset to say it just wasn't what I thought it would be. I know so many people love Sophie McKenzie and I'm sure her other books are good, but this wasn't the best one for me...
Published 4 months ago by StacieSnape

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best teenage books!, 10 Nov 2010
This review is from: Girl, Missing (Paperback)
This has to be one of the best books I have read for a long time! The characters are very connecting with the audience and the plot is one that only a quality author could write. I have to say that I read about 50 pages a time because of how gripping it became. I really recommend this book to anyone who likes a good adventure with also a bit of thriller! Its excellent 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!!, 12 Feb 2011
This review is from: Girl, Missing (Paperback)
I just couldn't put this book down. There was always something new happening, so exciting!
It is about a girl, who is adopted, and she wants to find out who her real family is. She sets off, with her friend Jam, and they experience so many frightening, exciting, and amazing adventures. It really is amazing.
I have never read any other Sophie McKenzie books, but if there are as good as this one, I definitely will!

5.0 out of 5 stars Girl Missing- A great read!, 26 Jan 2011
This review is from: Girl, Missing (Paperback)
Girl Missing is a book by Sophie McKenzie. It is about a girl named Lauren who is eager to find out her real mother, as she was adopted at a very young age. Lauren along with her best friend Jam goes on an action packed, thrilled journey, which puts them in severe danger. Will she find out who her true parents are? Will she discover any other secrets on the way?
The reason why I like this book is because it extends the story on. After you think everything is over, there is another major problem which threatens to damage her happiness forever. Sophie manages to create a mysterious atmosphere constantly throughout this book, but also includes a romantic story line between Jam and Lauren. These altering storylines create the fantastic book that it is.
I would recommend this book to mainly girls who enjoy thrillers and action stories. I could never put this book down, as this story constantly grips me at every chapter! Overall I have enjoyed this book thoroughly and believe that it will hook any reader who starts it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Girl, Missing- don't miss out, 25 Jan 2011
This review is from: Girl, Missing (Paperback)
Girl, Missing by Sophie Mckenzie is one of the best books that I have ever read. It's about a girl named Lauren who was adopted when she was 3 years old. Her adoptive parents haven't told her anything about what happened and now she is grown up (13) she wants to know more about it. Since her 'parents' won't tell her anything, she has a look herself, and finds a girl on a 'children missing' website and has a strange feeling that it might be her. She wants to find out more so explores her mum diaries round about the time when she was adopted. One name kept on coming up again and again and all Lauren wanted to do is to do find out who she was. So, sneakily she plans a family holiday to america (where she was adopted) and she was going to sneak to the adoption agency and find out more about her real mother. With her best friend on her side, there is nothing stopping her. Read this book and see if Lauren ever gets found...

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book Ever Written, 26 Mar 2010
This review is from: Girl, Missing (Paperback)
Girl Missing is the best book i have ever read. I have wanted to read it since i read "6 steps to a girl", when i found it at this price i couldn't resist! On the first night i couldn't put it down! This book really is the ultimate!
By Amy

5.0 out of 5 stars Girl Missing, 31 Oct 2007
This review is from: Girl, Missing (Paperback)
This book is the best!!! I couldn't put it down!!! It is really easy to read because of the short chapters but really interesting!!! I stayed up all Monday nite to read it all!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Girl, Missing, 1 April 2008
C. E. Carter - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girl, Missing (Paperback)
This book was really good. It plunges straight into the action and keeps you on edge the whole time.There are lots of surprises and action. I couldn't put the book down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting and unputdownable!, 9 Feb 2007
This review is from: Girl, Missing (Paperback)
This is an exciting, unputdownable read. The pace never lets up, and you can never guess what will happen next. If you like my Roman Mysteries and Robert Muchamore's CHERUB series, I know you'll love this. Well done, Sophie McKenzie!

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly gripping read!, 24 Aug 2009
This review is from: Girl, Missing (Paperback)
I found this novel a fantastic read! Whilst in France for 1 week, I read this book along side the pool and I could not put it down. I have read quite a few of books and this is by far the best book I have ever read. The novel was amazing, I could not say a bad word about it apart from the characters could have been further developed but this did not detract from the plot. At the end of the book I wanted it to carry on because you grow so close to the characters and get so attached you feel you have lost some very close friends! I feel this book is great for all ages, it's not just for teenage girls or young women. It has romance, intrigue, mystery, and a fast moving story line. I couldn't recommend this book strongly enough!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book :), 3 Jun 2009
J. C. Hudson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girl, Missing (Paperback)
Girl Missing is an excellent book that my daughter has read and reviewed:
I was intrigued when I saw the cover of this book. I wasn't really sure what type of book it was going to be. The blurb made me think it wasn't really my type of story, but when I started, I knew it would be great. The ideas that Sophie McKenzie had for this book are so original and interesting. I reccommended this book to my friend and she also loves it. I think I have read it five times, and never get tired of it.

Girl, Missing
Girl, Missing by Sophie McKenzie (Paperback - 2 Oct 2006)
Used & New from: £0.01