5.0 out of 5 stars 6 out of 5 - FABULOUS
Published on 14 Dec. 2008 by Ms. Laura Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice
I like it. However, I cannot avoid a comparison with books as "The Wizard of Oz" or even "Petter Pan".
Their outstanding similarity is amazing, but the quality is actually poorer.
Published 13 months ago by Hipólita Uriarte

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 out of 5 - FABULOUS, 14 Dec. 2008
Ms. Laura Lee (Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cinderella: A Pop Up Fairy Tale (Hardcover)
It is no exageration to say this book is EXCELLENT. I have bought one for all the little children who are special to me (christenings, etc) as it is truly the most fantastically crafted book. Its very deleicate so should only be given as a "for keeps" or read with mummy or daddy cos it would be a sin to have it spoiled. Every single person I have shown this to has been astonished at how fab it is, all pages have the main pop up then 2 or 3 smaller just as delecate pop ups. Rave rave rave, sorry but I defy anyone to have anything other than the best to say about this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Favourite Story well illustrated, 20 Feb. 2007
M. Day (South Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cinderella: A Pop Up Fairy Tale (Hardcover)
Wow, the detail in the intricate pop up pictures! It is a sheer delight to open and explore each page. You think the pop up in the middle is wonderful, then you discover further pop ups behind the narrative at each side. A beautiful book that any child would love - not to mention the adults!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Beautiful Book by Matthew Reinhart, 10 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Cinderella: A Pop Up Fairy Tale (Hardcover)
Once again excellent delivery. This book is amazing and was brought for my 6 year old grandaughter and she loves it, although she is careful I would still sit with her as the pop-ups are so complicated and beautiful it would be a shame to spoil them, and she will really appreciate this book when she ia a little older.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 28 July 2013
I originally bought this as a christening gift for my god-daughter (linking the fairy god mother part with becoming an actual god mother) I was on the look out for a real keep sake which would stand the test of time and stumbled across this.

Every page has a beautifully and incredibly designed pop up which turns a time tested story into an incredible creation! I have since bought a copy for my own daughter to cherish and numerous others (as well as others creations from Matthew Reinhart) have been purchased as special gifts for the little ones in our life.

Fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Too cool - intricate pop-up work at its best, 16 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Cinderella: A Pop Up Fairy Tale (Hardcover)
Got this for my mum; and everyone who has a look at it think it's so interesting - the design element involved is amazing; characters actually 'move' as you open the page and they 'pop out'.

3D creations - like round objects are fully created despite being a series of flat paper pieces connected by seams. Colours are nice, illustration quality is also good - all in all everything adds to a intricate and intriguing storybook.

Ideal for collectors I think. These are too good lol - I want to get one for all my friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an heirloom book - buy it!, 12 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Cinderella: A Pop Up Fairy Tale (Hardcover)
I bought this book to give as a gift but as soon as I saw it I knew I was going to keep it. It's the most amazing pop-up book I've seen. The pop-ups are incredible, intricately detailed, large, colourful and beautifully illustrated. The characters have wonderful facial expressions to match the story, and on each page is a smaller book to open with its own little pop-ups inside. I particularly like the image of Cinderella tightening the lacing of her sister's dress. As the page is opened she takes a deep breath as the laces are pulled! And Cinderella's coach is a masterpiece of paper engineering. CARE NEEDS TO BE TAKEN WHEN OPENING THE PAGES as the pop-ups are complicated and they sometimes snag, especially when the book is new and the mechanics of the pages are stiff. The final page in particular is tricky to open as it has a slider mechanism which doesn't slide very smoothly across 2 pages, it will probably get easier the more frequently the book is opened. The story itself is well told and easy to read, but because there is quite a lot of text, and because of the complexity of the pop-ups, this book may be best suited to the slightly older child, or as a special bedtime book for parents or grandparents to read. But it's definitely one that every little girl will love.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely gift for a little girl, 24 July 2010
E. Buckley (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cinderella: A Pop Up Fairy Tale (Hardcover)
This pop-up book is a delight. It is very cleverly designed and constructed and the little girl receiving it for her birthday was thrilled.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very intricate pop up book, 6 May 2010
D. Graham - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cinderella: A Pop Up Fairy Tale (Hardcover)
The first book we received was damaged at the corners as if it had been dropped on it's end but Amazon replaced it quickly.

The illustrations and pop-ups in this book are lovely and very intricate. I don't think it will take much rough handling so I think this will definately be one we help our daughter read it.

There is a main pop up on each page with the story written on a smaller pop up section in the corner of the page.

I'd definately recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cinderella: A Pop UP Fairy Tale, 21 Mar. 2014
A beautifull book

I gave this book to my grand daughter I , she love it the quality of pictures and the book in itself is real nice.

I wait long for it , I ordered first in Canada they could not supply the book I waited two months for it , she live in Canada I decide to sent from Amazon Uk ,what a fantastic service. Thank you . My girl loves it ..

5.0 out of 5 stars thrilling, 12 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Cinderella: A Pop Up Fairy Tale (Hardcover)
My grandaughter loves this book (and anything pink). The way the pumpkin is transformed into the carriage with 6 white horses is amazing. I wanyed it for myself but in the end I gave in and let her keep it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Cinderella: A Pop Up Fairy Tale
Cinderella: A Pop Up Fairy Tale by Matthew Reinhart (Hardcover - 7 Nov. 2005)