5.0 out of 5 stars A winner of a book.
Published on 12 Oct 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing page!
I bought this for my granddaughter, she was very excited, and started writing in it straight away. She then noticed a page was missing. ..... Brownie's picture. Which is a shame. But she still loves the book.
Published 17 months ago by annieb

5.0 out of 5 stars A winner of a book., 12 Oct 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Spiderwick's Notebook for Fantastical Observations (Spiderwick Chronicle) (Hardcover)
This is one of the best books that I've seen for a long while. Featuring 14 mini adventures (and the stories are very short) and lots of space for interaction for the imaginative child. Readers are required to add their own pictures, jokes, notes etc. For example, Following a short story about Dwarves, the child is requested to fill in the next section which asks for: A picture of an odd little creature I've seen around my neighbourhood, a multiple choice question connected with the picture and here's what else I know about it. Then the child is requested to write down their 3 favourite board games, card games and games that only me and my best friend know. This leads on to promises I've made and promises I've broken. The next page requests a Faerie Menu and a favourite faerie food recipe. This continues with My drawing of the most magical place to live and sketches of exquisite metal jewelry handcrafted by dwarves (rings earrings and amulets). The last 2 pages of this section asks the child to draw a picture of my left hand drawn with my right, and a picture of my right hand drawn with my left. The next short story about elves then begins.
The illustrations in this book are superb and the layout and text is done to resemble an aged personal notebook.
Buy it. Your child will love you for it, and it is sure to become a keepsake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fun, 26 Oct 2007
Mrs. K. A. Wheatley "katywheatley" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
My daughter loves the Spiderwick series. We were recently on a long haul flight and I needed something to amuse her. Finding this was a godsend. It is a notebook full of activities and ideas based around the Spiderwick books, which the reader can fill in themselves. It is beautifully produced and is full of imaginative and creative ideas. It kept her busy for hours and is highly recommended to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Magic*, 21 Jan 2009
What a magical little book this is! I bought it for my son who has almost finished reading the first five Spiderwick novels. I havent given him this yet but I know, from having pored through it myself that he will love it and will be engrossed in its Fantastical Observations for a very long time. I was brought up on a diet of Faraway Tree books and lived my own fantasy life in the magical tree with all the amazing folk and lands. This book will allow my son to experience his own fantasy and use his imagination as I used to so many (many!) years ago. How wonderful to see that imagination and creation are still alive and so beautifully rendered in this and the other Spiderwick books. If you have a child with an imagination they will love this book. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars spiderwick chronicles notebook, 31 Mar 2008
Lisa Millard - See all my reviews
this is a brilliant book which you can write things about magical animals if you ever see one , draw pictures of them , write charts about them and more.

5.0 out of 5 stars spiderwick notebook., 21 Oct 2013
Because it was what my son wanted he hasn't got it yet it is for xmas. There is nothing wrong with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing page!, 3 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiderwick's Notebook for Fantastical Observations, 4 Nov 2012
This is a fantastic book full of brilliant illustrations. This is the second time I have bought this product as a gift. Liked the first one so much I ordered another. I would recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but get the book not eBook., 30 May 2011
Steven R. McEvoy "MCWPP" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This was the first book in the Spiderwick world I was disappointed with. I bought the eBook and cannot figure out why the publisher released an e-version of this book. It is intended to be a workbook. There are 14 chapters in this book, alphabetically named after the creatures encountered.

The sections are:
Sprites
Stray Sod
Trolls
Unicorns

Each section has a story written by someone who has had an encounter with the Fantastical, followed by a short commentary by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi. Then there are numerous activities to be completed. These includes writing your own encounters, making lists, drawing pictures and much much more. This workbook will be great fun for a child and provide entertainment again and again as they go back and add more notes to each section. But the eBook cannot even be printed out to allow these activities to be completed. If you're going to buy this book make sure you get the physical book. It will be entertaining and fun for children of all ages.

Spiderwick's Notebook for Fantastical Observations (Spiderwick Chronicle)
5.99