Format: PaperbackChange

on 31 December 1998
BEWARE!!! Buy this book and your training may suffer because you won't be able to put it down!!
on 5 June 2015
Great book, but be warned it is probably only for those who are or have been serious competitive runners of a decent standard (from 36min 10K up to Olympic level). If that is you then you should find a lot to relate to in this book. If you only run casually then you may not find it that interesting and would probably prefer "Running with the Kenyans".
on 30 October 1998
couldn't put it down. now i usually take a copy with me everywhere i go.
on 25 April 2011
this is my first review here, so please bare with me.
it is a book where you read the first page, the second, the third, and keep going till you finish. it keeps you hooked. it not only motivates you for running, but in thinking about life itself. absolutely loved it.
on 24 August 2010
A thoroughly inspirational read. I love running and normally read sports biographies so I wasn't sure I would get on with a novel about running, but I think I got through it in a couple of days. Truly excellent writing.
on 12 July 2010
I've read a lot of books about running and this is the only one that I just couldn't put down. Beautifully written with an ending that leaves you breathless. Fabulous.
on 31 August 2013
Great read. If you have ever tried to train yourself to run any sort of distance goal and experienced the ups and downs this book will surely grip you.
on 16 September 2014
I really enjoy this book, easy to read and inspiring, Stright away i cared for the main character and of course I wanted him to win...
on 15 May 2015
A really enjoyable read, though the magic may be lost on non-athletes...
on 9 July 2014
i brought it for a present but the service was good