5.0 out of 5 stars Eat My Globe, 3 Sep 2010
Richard Outhwaite (Wexford, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent, informative, and amusing food travelogue. I certainly agree with most of the author's viewpoints. I found only one error, and that is that the Galata Bridge in Istanbul does not go from Europe to Asia and crosses the Golden Horn, not the Bosphorus.

Buy it. It's a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eat my ego, 10 Oct 2013
Yes, this book has all the faults that other reviewers have pointed out. But on the plus side it is a refreshing travel read, given that he skips over any detailed history or cultural aspects almost completely. Given that he spent only a few days in many of the places he visited and the brevity of each chapter, he sums up his travel experiences very well. Overall I found this a very funny read, and found it hard to put the book down. The criticisms are all true. He doesn't travel with much sensitivity, grabs the freebies wherever he can, and is only concerned with his taste buds. But that is his intention from the start, and the introduction to the book makes that quite clear that this is his aim. Job done. I still have 10 chapters left to read, and he hasn't mentioned any airplane food yet, but if he does I know I will be laughing out loud, for not the first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for foodies, 13 Feb 2010
Bert Heynderickx (Lembeke, Belgium) - See all my reviews
Hilarious. Very varied destinations and meals. Every time I read a bit, it puts a smile on my face. Great stuff!

ARRAY(0xa6fae7a4)

Eat My Globe: One Year to Go Everywhere and Eat Everything
Eat My Globe: One Year to Go Everywhere and Eat Everything by Simon Majumdar (Hardcover - 19 May 2009)
Used & New from: 0.51