5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
I've been eyeing this book for sometime and I finally bought it. What can I say. I read it in less than 24 hours.
Unlike some of the reviews here I didn't by it to here gossip about the other wrestlers (that's what the internet is for), I love to know how people got into the business and read more about the way wrestling was before WWF/E.
As illustrated in this...
Published on 21 Jun. 2009 by N. Rogers

2.0 out of 5 stars Rushed
Published on 20 Jun. 2008 by C. J. Rudge

2.0 out of 5 stars Rushed, 20 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man (WWE) (Paperback)
I accidently discovered this book on amazon and bought it immediately. When it turned up I was surprised to see that it was really quite small (just under 300 pages I think) considering Ted DiBiase is 50 odd years old I find that to be far too short. The 1st few chapters are good up until the point when he starts talking about his time in the WWF, which is the main reason most people would've bought the book. He gives that period 1 chapter in which he gives a vague description of his time there and makes next to no mention of any other wrestlers and what they like back stage. A large chunk of the book is taken up of other people saying great he is which wouldn't be so bad if the book was 500 pages instead of 300. My main frustration came when he described on how he was commentating for the 1st time at the Royal Rumble and then mentioned that 2 Kings of the ring were crowned that night in Bret Hart and Lex Luger (?????????? WTF!!!!!) It was clearly ghostwritten and not very well ghostwritten which is a shame because I would've been interested to read some more storys about the backstage antics at WWF/E and WCW. Oh well never mind just have to wait until Hitman comes out over here at a reasonable price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Illustrious career poorly written down, 27 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man (WWE) (Paperback)
No-one can deny the impact of Ted Dibiase on professional wrestling. An autobiography about this man should be an instant classic.
Turns out I found myself annoyed by the style this book is written. Sentences are kept very simple, Ted's way of describing his matches is dull ("That was a good match.", "That was not a good match.") and he doesn't go very deep in terms of backstage problems.
In short, this book didn't make me laugh, it didn't make me cry. It didn't move me. That's a shame, because Ted's career shouldn't leave someone indifferent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Jun. 2009
N. Rogers (Somerset UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man (WWE) (Paperback)
As illustrated in this book the territories would give you invaluable experience before hitting the bigtime. Something the wrestling world I feel misses today.
I would recommend this to any wrestling fan.

3.0 out of 5 stars WWE SECTION A LETDOWN, 11 July 2009
This review is from: Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man (WWE) (Paperback)
As one of the best technical wrestlers, Ted DiBiase had the whole package he could wrestle, talk and was the ultimate heel figure, fans really despised him and his wwe character The Million Dollar man. So its disappointing that this is the part of the book which is a letdown.

It all starts well with DiBiase describing his childhood, family life and highly promising College football career. He does a great job of telling how he got started in the business and would finally make the big time as Vince McMahon gave him the character that if he was to become a wrestler (which he eventually did).

This is when the book goes down hill as DiBiase just kind if skimps through it. So while we do learn that he liked all the perks that came with the road (women mainly) we don't learn much about his time there. We do get comments from family members and fellow wrestlers some are welcome some are not.

The book does pick up again at the end when hes very honest describing what its like working as a producer for wwe and that he simply wasn't up to the job. The book would have been better with more chapters like this as there's no doubt he has a few stories to tell.

If your a fan of The Million Dollar Man you might be letdown as it does not give great detail about his wwe time.

3.0 out of 5 stars I have to admit to feeling somewhat disappointed. His time at the WWE -or the WWF ..., 4 Sept. 2014
jeremiah harbottle (Littlebourne, Kent.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man (WWE) (Paperback)
I was looking forward to reading about one of the WWE's biggest talents: Ted DiBiase. With that unmistakable cackle and the catchphrase, "Everybody has a price for The Million Dollar Price," I was on tenderhooks as I began to read his life story.
However, I have to admit to feeling somewhat disappointed. His time at the WWE -or the WWF as it was then called - was rushed through and not covered in much detail. The period from 1987 to 1993 was a true highpoint in the wrestler's career and I would have loved to have seen more attention to detail with regards to this period.
I enjoyed reading about his early years, how he decided on a career in wrestling, his time at high school on the local football team and his days whilst working in the different regions for the different companies before Vince Machon changed everything.
The man himself comes across as being fairly likeable, if a bit ungracious on occasion. I was glad to read that DiBiase was able to lay his own issues to rest, via finding God, becoming an ordained minister and other things besides. The one thing I would have liked to have read though, would be how he feels about bloodsports and fox-hunting as he admits indulging in some things before he became religious.

3.0 out of 5 stars Incredible career, average book, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man (WWE) (Paperback)
The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase had a fantastic career in pro-wrestling. He's a guy who learnt his craft the old fashion way, in the territories and worked his way up to being the top bad-guy in the WWF, at a time when they were in need of as many bad-guys as possible to line-up and face heavyweight champion, Hulk Hogan.

This book does a decent job of telling us Ted's story but it's lacking that real x-factor to make it a great book. There's no real ground-breaking content, there's a few little things here and there that even the biggest Ted DiBiase fan wouldn't know but in the grand scheme of things, this book just tells the story how Ted wants it to be told. He's now a religious man and seems to live by the creed "if you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything" which makes this book kind of bland.

2.0 out of 5 stars Less Family, More Wrestling, 6 July 2009
This review is from: Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man (WWE) (Paperback)
Its all well and good telling us all about your home life and family but when you get to 10 chapters in and hes still talking about High School you know the books not going anywhere.

I know its an American thing to thank God left, right and centre but it doesn't get in the way in Guerrero and HBK's books - it does here.

I could understand a book being this dull if it was a written by a family man who never lived the high life - Ricky Steamboat, for example - but DiBiase had a life similar to Ric Flair and all he does is apologise for it while giving little away in terms of detail.

Not good enough. Avoid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth paying the price...just., 26 April 2009
D. LATA - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man (WWE) (Paperback)
Let me start by saying that Ted DiBiase is one of my favourite wrestlers of all time so I couldn't wait for this book. The book is only OK, parts are rushed and their are mistakes (such as saying at the rumble they crowned two KING OF THE RINGS!?) so it is more likely than not ghost written, also being an atheist I didn't care for the last two chapters where he talked about his faith alot but that may not bother everyone. I am the proud owner of over 20 books by WWE and this is not one of their best. Worth the money...just, but I would've expected a lot more from such a storied veteran.

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt put it down, 31 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man (WWE) (Paperback)
I was always a million dollar man fan but I never realised the real story of the man behind the character, I have to say i find it hard to read books, i get bored easly, but I honestly couldnt put this down, within 24 hours of getting this book I finished it. If your a Ted Dibiase fan your gonna love this, its a great insight to a great man, which was hidden behind the greatest gimmic of the WWF/WWE.

Read the book, this guy is a legend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Aug. 2014
Excellent condition

Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man (WWE)
Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man (WWE) by Ted DiBiase (Paperback - 10 Jun. 2008)