4.0 out of 5 stars An affair to remember?,
Published on 23 July 2009 by Jenny Blickman

2.0 out of 5 stars Slander?
Published 3 months ago by Rikke Boe Haedersdal

4.0 out of 5 stars An affair to remember?,, 23 July 2009
I have been on a 1960's reading jag lately, a kind of nostalgic look back at my parent's decade of youth. Helps me understand where they come from and it was an interesting time of change. I was excited to get an advance copy of this book as it looked to be a trashy but fun read, and I can say it delivered on both counts (trashy fun that is)! Did Jackie and Bobby Kennedy have a love affair after the assassination of JFK? This author makes the case that they did and it is fascinating reading. But how much real truth is there here? And even if it is all true is it something the public really needs to know? The book held a certain creepy fascination over me, I couldn't stop reading, yet a part of me thought I should. Its that kind of read. It is well written, and appears well documented but I would be interested to hear if there are any dissenting voices out there?

2.0 out of 5 stars Slander?, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Bobby and Jackie: A Love Story (Paperback)
I must admit I like the Kennedys. I find this book somewhat gossipy for my taste. It concentrates solely on the alleged affair between Robert Kennedy and Jackie Kennedy in the years after the assasination of President Kennedy. It's difficult to know if you can trust the sources. Some of them are sources in other somewhat more academic books about the Kennedys, but this is far more gossipy. The author states in the epilogue that the affair was much more than such sex but apparently not so much so that it was worth mentioning in the first 200 pages. But hey, if you're not selective in your reading about the Kennedys or you like a lot of gossip, by all means, this is a book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 31 Dec 2013
An enjoyable insight to jackie and bobby pre and post jack. Jackie was a surviver hardened by life's traumas great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars BOBBY AND JACKIE A LOVE STORY, 3 Mar 2011
Angela Anderson (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bobby and Jackie: A Love Story (Paperback)
I have been a keen reader of the Kennedys for years and this is another one of those books that keeps you reading! It was well written and easy to follow, it certainly puts Jackie in a different light, she is VERY influential in Bobby's life, what a different world!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bobby and Jackie, 8 May 2013
Gives an insight to the relationship between Jackie and Bobby Kennedy.Not much that one didn't already suspect,it showed more of the rather sad and narrow life that Jackie led until the three men who featured in her life had died.Only then was she able to make a life for her self and her children

1.0 out of 5 stars money making fiction, 22 Jun 2011
This review is from: Bobby and Jackie: A Love Story (Paperback)
C David Heymann is the Jackie Collins of the Kennedy fictional history-at least Ms.Collins acknowledges that her work is fiction.Heymann borrows the names of the Kennedys and then proceeds to write fictional stories about them for one reason -MONEY. He doesn't have a scrap of proof but relies on the old journalistic cliche of inventing fictional witnesses (a secret service agent saw Jackie and Bobby holding hands under the table)He is aided by an innocent/gullible readership who seem willing to believe anything they read.
The usually reticent Jackie Kennedy Onassis did say in response to Heymann's 1989 "biography"---"THE RIVER OF SLUDGE WILL GO ON.....IT'S NOT ABOUT ME"

4.0 out of 5 stars The Other Love, 26 Aug 2011
This review is from: Bobby and Jackie: A Love Story (Paperback)
A fascinating insight into the lives of probably, apart from our own Royal family, the most famous family in the world. I knew they were very close but did not realise how close. I am now reading Nemisis the story of Bobby, Jackie and Ari which is a natural follow on.
Good read even if it is difficult to believe some of the content.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bobby & Jackie, 21 Aug 2009
E. Hutchinson - See all my reviews
An interesting insight into the whole Kennedy Clan and the people in their social circle. A good read.
Camelot was definately more Lancelot and Guinevere than knights of the round table!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bobby and Jackie: A Love Story, 22 Mar 2014
I did enjoy this book. There were a lot of facts I didn't know so it was good to read something I hadn't heard about.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic service, 8 Aug 2009
H. Kogelman (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I was surprised to receive my book so quickly. Fantastic service. I will be using Amazon for any further purchases.

Bobby and Jackie: A Love Story
Bobby and Jackie: A Love Story by C. David Heymann (Paperback - 27 May 2010)
6.99