Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 23 March 2010
This is the fourth paperback in the 4400 series. After the show was cancelled I didn't think I'd ever know what happened after Jordan Collier took Seattle, the four books provide an excellent ending, the last two specifically. The exciting action and humour of the series is retained by the author as well as some amazing visual scenes.
The last few chapters are particularly exciting and the ending was amazing. Definitely worth a buy for anyone who watched the show.
on 21 June 2016
I loved it. I read it all within a day. I read the previous book (Welcome to Promise City) within a day too. I'm a huge fan of the TV show. I loved how this book picked up where the previous book left off. I definitely recommend both books (in order) to all 4400 fans who have watched all 4 seasons.This book won't make complete sense to those who haven't watched the TV show. It was a light, fun read with a lot of action.

The book ends with a cliffhanger but that leaves room for more, which is good. This book also gave me further closure and answered more questions...which I guess is what every 4400 fan needs right about now, and what they needed for the past (almost) 10 years since the TV show's cancellation . I'm still hoping for the show to return though...

Only disappointment is (SPOILER...ish AHEAD) that Kevin Burkhoff and Tess weren't in this book, and there wasn't much from Richard until towards the end but only briefly. But I suppose the main focuses in this book were the Marked, NTAC, Collier & crew, US government/army/opposing sides to the movement, war...etc...and the book brings those characters into action perfectly (for me at least!).
on 17 August 2014
After finally watching the last series of The 4400,I wanted to complete the circle and read the books that finished off the story.I wasn't disappointed too much,however the cliffhanger at the end left me wanting even more answers.Having said that many other questions of mine were answered.So if you were a bit like me and felt another series may have been needed for the storylines to be concluded then it is a worthwhile read.It is an older book with no more follow ons that I know of so it does leave you with a little more to pnder over.
on 19 August 2012
This is a must if you were a fan of the series and want to see how it concludes. The book is a light read, unsophisticated and easy going.

Whilst the conclusion is satisfying, the last few pages set up a possible sequel series, which would be fine, but annoyed me given that a sequel does not seem to be forthcoming...
on 28 April 2014
good plot movements are intertwined with poor writing and with an unsatifsying ending which requires further reading of the next installment- I will not bother because the writing was so poor, I dread to think what this writer has done to Star Trek
on 28 January 2014
It was an interesting read. Picking up from the series of 4400.
Would have liked a bit more of the happenings after the end of the series, a better link between the series and the book
on 10 September 2015
OK, straight off the bat, this ain't no War and Peace; but if you like the (sadly cancelled) 4400 series and wanted to know what happens next, this book is for you.
on 31 August 2014
A very good read ,if you did nt see the series you might wonder what the hell this is about . I just hope i don't have to wait long for the next book
on 16 December 2012
While not a literary triumph this was a very satisfying wrapping up of the story started in the tv series that was ended too soon. While the there is room for more books to follow I feel they would not be justified and would diminish the world that was created around the 4400.

I would recommend that any fans of the tv series should read this book and the previous to finally get a sense of closure to this fantastic series that was ended far too soon.
on 25 October 2015
More worn out than expected. Marks of high pressure on the cover and sides, besides the (expected) worn signs along the edge.
review image