Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 March 2007
This book is written by people who have 'been there and done that'. They know the ups and downs of trying the latest fad diets and the depression of regaining weight again afterwards.

Written in a down to earth style, Marla and Leanne share their personal experiences while guiding you through a journey of self discovery to understand why you keep having a battle with your weight. Although it gives advice on healthy eating, this is not a quick fix diet book. It is a self help book that will support you as you change your thinking regarding food and life in general. Judging from the responses on Marla's Flylady website, most people find that as they lose the mental clutter, the body clutter starts to disappear too! Understanding why you have been burdening yourself, mentally and physically, helps you to avoid repeating your old mistakes and the weight lost is more likely to stay off!
on 17 March 2007
I also bought this book from teh flylady website when it first came out. I found it fabulous in teaching me exactly why I was overeating. It had me in tears many a time as i faced the dragons of my past when food was my comfort in dark times. It really is an easy read and wonderfully enjoyable and therapeutic.

Sadly it didnt give me the motivation I needed to keep up the new lifestyle it teaches. Food continues to be my refuge in times of loneliness or frustration, and no amount of knowing why that is so, is going to fix that! We all know that all healthy diets work (lifestyles in this case) if we stick to them.

However, Marla is always telling we flybabies that her systems are there for us when we are ready for them.....I hope Im ready for this one soon...maybe its time for a reread! It such an easy and enjoyable read that I'll have no problem with that!
on 6 January 2007
Anyone who knows Marla Cilley knows the FlyLady, and also knows that you can trust what she writes to be honest, helpful and on the mark. I bought this book from her website a year ago, before it was published on a wider basis, and I found it extremely helpful. The FlyLady helps you to get rid of clutter in your home, and this book addresses the 'clutter' i.e. extra weight, so many of us carry on our bodies. Marla and her coauthor Leanne help you to dig deep to find the reasons why you are overweight, unhappy with your body, and resistant to actually losing that weight. Well worth the purchase price and the delivery wait - this is no quick fix diet book but a re-evaluation of your life and how you approach food and exercise.
on 2 April 2007
loved this book and will def keep it close at all times. it talks about taking babysteps, not doing the all or nothing approach which often fails us. its a real eye opener and could relate to everything said!!
on 28 February 2010
I've followed Marla Cilley AKA Flylady since she started in 1999, and have been promising myself this book ever since it came out. I thought I was quite well educated about nutrition etc - but there were some eye-openers in there - it was also an easy and pleasurable read. Since I got the book a month ago and began to follow flylady's recommendations I've lost almost a stone - not bad for someone who has never been able to follow a diet before.
on 8 April 2009
found this book via the main flylady website. well worth reading it is about real people and their experiences so you feel comfortable in the knowledge that if it worked for them it should work for you. If this proves as useful as the hints and tips and daily help on her website then its a no brainer
on 28 February 2014
Gives you some good ideas on getting to grips with loosing weight. I,m already following the advice and keeping a diary as the book suggests.
on 19 December 2012
Having read Marla's 'sink reflections' and found myself recognising me in what she said, i was able to change my home from a cluttered nightmare into somewhere i am happy to welcome visitors. I still have work to do, but the visible results (and my change in attitude) have been amazing.

I am hoping that this book will do Something similar for my loved ones health.. Having read it i am sure that it will as i have friends who are living proof it can work!
on 15 July 2007
I found Flylady's Sink Reflections quite useful so rushed to get this book as well.

I'm very disapointed with it, it is clear from the beginning that this book is the work of two amateurs in the weight loss subject, trying to forcefully fit the tried and tested ideas for housekeeping into a weight loss exercise.

What I found more annoying was a diatribe by the Flylady at the end of the book, when an unsuspecting follower suggested adapting the logo to match the new figure of Flylady. Her response was so emotionally charged that has left me doubting if her own ideas and methods have worked on herself.
on 20 November 2013
I've been wanting this book for some time. It was delivered way before the time expected, which is a bonus. The book is well presented and a friendly approach. A very useful book.