5.0 out of 5 stars Troubled bad boy....
Published on 29 July 2008 by Book Buff

3.0 out of 5 stars the housework got done
Published on 14 Oct. 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Troubled bad boy...., 29 July 2008
This review is from: Never Romance a Rake (Mass Market Paperback)
Kieran is surely a bad boy! He is also Xanthia Neville's brother. She was in NEVER LIE TO A LADY. He thinks he is dying and keeps it a secret. Despite all his wickedness he cannot help but be drawn to Camille who is Comte de Valigny's daughter. Comte de Valigny wagers her in card game. Kieran wins her and from there starts a very interesting story/courtship. The H/H are well suited with each other. She finds his honesty refreshing for someone who has a reputation of being difficult and a rake. She is independent and has a back bone, she is not afraid of him. A few suprises some not quite believable but it's a book that will keep you engrossed as you would want to know if they will have their happy ending.

4.0 out of 5 stars great reading, 1 Jun. 2009
Lindymck (Falkirk, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Never Romance a Rake (Mass Market Paperback)
rake in question in this novel id kieran neville brother to xanthia (from never lie to lady) and he is the worst kind. he is slowly drinking, smoking and gods knows what else to death. but in a twist of fate he wins the lovely french camille in a card game, he didnt know what he bargained for when he chose to save her from her father the comte de valigny. kieran has finally found his match in camille, as she proposes a marriage of convenience but it ends up being anything but!!!! love the chemistry between kieran and camille. great book, couldnt put it down!!

3.0 out of 5 stars the housework got done, 14 Oct. 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Never Romance a Rake (Mass Market Paperback)
The main way that I rate a book is the levels of neglect in my home, sad to say my pots got washed and kids fed. So a reluctant 3 stars given, as ever Ms Carlyle writing is of a good standard and the story moves on at fair pace, the interactions between the H/H were reasonably effective altogether a pretty good book, BUT, if you're used to reading a book from cover to cover in one sitting I would say read this but don't be dissappointed when you fail to get the buzz that usually comes with this authors work if you have'nt read anything by this author before I would recomend that you start with some of her earlier stories as they have more bite to them, my favourite being Devil to Pay

Kieran, Baron Rothwell is a hardened gamster and a dissolute rake, past experiences mean that he doesn't feel that he's entitled to happiness not that he paticulary cares either way (thus we have our Tortured Hero). Camille Marchand is encoumbered by a 'ner-do-well father who wagers her in a card game, she is determined to be tough and unfeeling and make the best of the situation as it means that if she produces a child she stands to come into her inheritance of £ioo,ooo. The H/H get married and the basic tale is the courtship that takes place after the wedding, he wants to stay aloof from his bride, she doesn't want to care, but finds that she does. In his mind he knows that he is dying, and, she thinks that there is something wrong and that he's dying and given up. Well I nearly gave up too! I just wanted to shout get on with it, I won't be keeping this book but by the same token just because this one does'nt appeal to me doesn't make it a poor story and is is still worth a read it's just not a keeper.

3.0 out of 5 stars We all love a Bad Boy, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Never Romance a Rake (Mass Market Paperback)
Review taken from my Blog (post #41) in November 2010, after borrowing the book from the local library.

The story of Kieran, Baron Rothwell and Camille Marchand, the illegitimate Daughter of the Comte de Valigny ....... or is she.

I would love to have written a review other than the basic star rating, but it's been swiped and taken back to library without me realising it, and I like to check the facts before I set finger to keyboard.

I will say though that I thoroughly enjoyed this the last in the Never Trilogy. Kieran is the kind of dark and brooding hero I love, but I did feel so much sympathy for Camille.

A 3.5 star in truth (oh for the elusive half stars on Amazon), and I can thoroughly recommended you give it a whirl.

Never Romance a Rake
Never Romance a Rake by Liz Carlyle (Mass Market Paperback - 15 Sept. 2008)