Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 June 2008
I loved this book.Anyone who has been through a divorce will recognise the dilemmas and heartbreaks Ursula and her children suffer - albeit most of us don't have the added burden of an intrusive press.The children's glamorous and successful new stepmother creates more tensions within the family and by the time the central drama unfolds everyones nerves are on edge.Ursula and her ex-husband find themselves in the midst of every parents worst nightmare,and the events of the next 48 hours are genuinely gripping - you won't be able to put the book down.This is a really good read - enjoy!
on 1 March 2009
I picked up this book more out of curiosity and with low expectations.
I was pleasantly surprised. It is well written and I found it a very enjoyable read. I have not yet read Glass Houses but I look forward to doing so now.
on 29 December 2012
I prefer autobiographies or crime stories but I was intrigued by the author (having seen her being interviewed on breakfast t.v., which is one of my favourite pastimes!).

This book is extremely well-written and the characters are very rounded and believable. The story, at its' climax, had me in suspense so much so that I jumped ahead to find out the conclusion! I wouldn't recommend doing this but it does demonstrate how keen I was to know who was responsible for Jessie's disappearance (Ursula's daughter).

For me, a test of a good book is, do I feel that I am there with that person and not just a detached observer. Yes, I felt I was there all the way through with Ursula.
on 6 June 2011
I chose this book at random form my local library, knowing of the author from her modelling days. Right from the first page I knew it was going to be a winner, I just got into Ursula's head, understanding her hurt, hopes & sometimes unwise actions.Throughout she came over as a vulnerable woman, betrayed by her husband, and trying to find love & comfort in another man,but unsure of the risks. I recommend this book to anyone who understand the dilemma of standing alone.
on 4 April 2010
Having read "Glasshouses" by Sandra Howard, I couldn't wait to read "Ursula's Story" and am now reading "An Act of Loyalty". Telephone calls are left to the ansaphone and visitors to the door have to call again, whilst I'm reading Sandra Howard. Her books should be serialised on TV!!
on 18 November 2012
Excellent and well written book, will definitely read some more of her books in the future and recommend them to my friends
on 12 March 2016
Love all Sandra Howard's novels - such a beautiful lady with lots of interesting things to say.
on 16 January 2015
A less appealing heroine than in Glass Houses and A Question of Loyalty, but quite well told.
on 14 February 2008
What a shame this book is written in this style - first person - unlike the first book Sandra Howard wrote. I really enjoyed the first book, and was pleased to see this one in the shops especially as it picked up the story from the first book.
Unfortunately I abandoned it after the first chapter as I couldn't cope with the style it is written in. A great pity.
on 4 March 2016
I enjoyed it so much I couldn't put it down.. Excellent