5.0 out of 5 stars Acrually 6 Stars!!!
Okay,when i first read this, i like others didn't like it, but upon rereading i find that i love this book. Taranatrs, characterisation is wonderful, Prynn and Vaughn finally getting past their issues Mirror Kira finally getting whats comming to her and the reveal at the end that leads into Fearful Symetry was just WOW!!!
Published on 16 Jun 2008 by Lurker

3.0 out of 5 stars Hope disappointed
When the Gamma Quadrant Series ended and the excillent DS9 storyline 'concluded' with Unity, Pocket Books began a three book series called the 'Worlds of Deep Space Nine'.

Published on 4 July 2006 by Draig

5.0 out of 5 stars Acrually 6 Stars!!!, 16 Jun 2008
This review is from: Warpath (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) (Mass Market Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Hope disappointed, 4 July 2006

Worlds of Deep Space Nine was a small series which was very enjoyable and promised much for future books, and when I saw that 'Warpath' was to be the follow-up, I awaited eagerly for its release.

I was very disappointed when I finally received and read it.

I am very much a Star Trek fan, so I wanted to give this book a real go, unfortunately, I found that the book was split in two:- the action of Taranatar (and finding out why he's done what he's done) and the 'visions' of Kira Nerys.

The 'visions' are very much what you expect from DS9, but I thought went on a bit too long... but considering the nature of the 'visions', I expect there was a good reason for this.

But then there's Taranatar:- the action was just too... drawn out. The writer went into too much description and just dragged it out. It appeared to me that the writer had thought up a great storyline, but just didn't know how to put it into a full book format, so dragged out this side of the story for way too long.

The book is not up to the usual excellent DS9 standard. Still good, just not good enough for Star Trek.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loads of action, 5 May 2006
Marie B. Stein "mariestein" (England) - See all my reviews
I'm a real DS9 fan and was very much looking forward to the next installment in the relaunch series. Its very difficult to write anything with the DS0 characters and story line that disappoints me and this one definately doesn't! Its a real action packed story and builds on the storyline from the earlier books very well. My only disappointment was that I felt it was almost too much action and there was very little of the political/religious side of things (Kira's visions aside, which I found quite heavy going) that I always enjoyed about the DS9 universe and which provide the richness and intricacy of the story line. The earlier books in the relaunch series always seemed to include a good mix of the action and political/religious side of things and this one has a different feel. I may have missed something but I couldn't find anything about the political state of Bajor or the politics of the Federation in this period that falls between the end of the Dominion war and the events of Nemesis.

However if you are a Trek fan then the book is certainly well worth buying, and once again we are left wanting more....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 8 Jun 2013
For the lovers of DS9 and the Mirror Universe this is another great story.
Continuing on where both "The Worlds of DS9" and the Mirror Universe stories left off this brings them both together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - although you'll need to read it again to appreciate it, 4 May 2010
I'll admit I wasn't sure what to make of "Warpath" the first time I read it. It was obviously a good novel, although I thought it was a bit bogged down in story lines and characters. It was only when I reread having read earlier DS9 novels and "Fearful Symmetry" and "The Soul Key" that I saw what the author was aiming for. I like the scenes in ancient Bajor/Kira's mind, but they stray into the fantasy realm a little too much for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dubious and deceitful, 3 Jun 2006
M. R. Munter (Apeldoorn, the Netherlands) - See all my reviews
Unlike the other reviewers, I am not very much taken with this instalment in the post-TV series DS9 books. My reasons are as follows.

The previous book (Worlds of DS9 #3, an excellent read BTW) ends off with Taran'atar reaching a point where he makes a momentous decision. I fully expected this book to give an in-depth exploration of his reasons, while moving his story forwards considerably. However, the author seems to be more interested in action. So much so that the reader is treated to slow motion, frame-by-frame descriptions of tedious hand-to-hand combat. Meanwhile, character exploration seems to fall by the wayside.

As the backblurb promises, there is a surprise waiting. I'm not spoiling what it is, but I do want to stress that it's a very odd juxtaposition for Taran'atar's very serious storyline. In my opinion, some things just don't mix and therefore shouldn't be mixed. It's almost as if David Mack has missed something very essential about the style choices made during the TV series. All this may sound a little mysterious, but I'm sure any reader familiar with the TV-series (which I'm guessing is just about anyone who is reading these books) will see what I mean when they read this.

Alltogether, this is a far less meaty and far more superficial book than the fairly impressive Worlds of DS9 #3. I can't really recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 8 April 2006
I really enjoyed this book, it's well written and engaging. I wouldn't say it was the best of all the DS9 relaunch books so far, but it certainly has an interesting and engaging storyline. Kira and Taran'atar are both forced to take difficult positions, and the book brings Vaughn and Tenmei closer to a personal resolution than ever before. We are also introduced to characters previously mentioned in the DS9 show but never before seen!

Warpath (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
Warpath (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) by David Mack (Mass Market Paperback - 2 May 2006)
5.34