4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good!
I have been really disappointed with the later books by Lindsey since I am a huge fan and have all her books. But I think she has redeemed herself here. Drew and Gabby are both entertaining and have lots of chemistry. A book I will read again!
Published on 1 Aug 2007 by Sarah-Jane R

3.0 out of 5 stars Another Malory Tale
Published on 9 July 2006 by Mrs. A. Wright

3.0 out of 5 stars Another Malory Tale, 9 July 2006
This review is from: Captive of My Desires (Malory Novels) (Hardcover)
I have read and re-read all of the Malory stories and loved everyone. I find joanna Lindsey's characters immensely loveable and waited impatiently for this one. However although readable I found it rather flat. I felt that the characters in this book did not have the "likability" they had in the other novels. This was particularly evident with the character of Drew although even the few Malory's mentioned did not live up to previous descriptions. The plot was ok but not really exciting.

I have given it 3 stars because it was a Lindset and a Malory tale but think the author was struggling with both the actions of her characters and the plot

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 5 Aug 2006
This review is from: Captive of My Desires (Malory Novels) (Hardcover)
I've read ALL Malory books and I must say I'm a bit disappointed. Although we meet James and George Malory again (and at this point Jeremy has just married), something is missing. The story is interesting, but through the whole book I was waiting for the special "bang"... Drew and Gabrielle are nothing special as characters (if I compare them to Jeremy and Danny and their verbal confrontations)...

I must say, Johanna disappointed me this time...It reminded me much of the Pirates of the Caribbean.

And for those who want to know what is it about:

Devastated by her mother's death, 18-year-old Gabrielle Brooks sets sail from England to a Caribbean island in search of her enstraged father. But instead of encountering a disctinguished merchant ship's captain, she discovers her father has become a pirate! After spending 3 wonderful years sailing and treasure hunting with him, Gabrielle is dismayed when her father decides she must return to London to find a proper husband. His old griend James Malory will sponsor her in polite society.

In London, Gabrielle is escorted to balls and parties by James Malory's wife, Georgina, and her brother, Drew Anderson, a dashing sea captain who is visiting. Though drawn to Gabrielle's fiery beauty, Drew, a fun-loving rogue, wants nothing to do with a young woman hunting for a husband. Incensed by Drew's indifference, Gabrielle is determined to win his attention. But when Drew embroils her in a scandal the night before he's to sail back to America, Gabrielle vows revenge. Enlisting the help of her father's pirate cronies, Gabrielle commands Drew's ship and takes him prison. But as passion runs high on their sea voyage, it becomes difficult to tell who is truly the captor and who is the captive...

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good!, 1 Aug 2007
This review is from: Captive Of My Desires (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars I have read and re-read all of the Malory stories and loved everyone, 31 Dec 2007
I have given it 3 stars because it was a Lindset and a Malory tale but think the author was struggling with both the actions of her characters and the plo!!!!! And if you missed Tino Georgiou's--The Fates--I strongly recommend reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pirates ..., 5 Oct 2009
This review is from: Captive Of My Desires (Paperback)
I have all Johanna Lindsey's books, though it's fair to say her earlier one's were great. You can't help but love the Malory family and the integration of the other members in this one transports you back to their own story for a second before you continue on. I enjoyed this book but then I read her books because it takes my mind off real life and I love the association with pirates within them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Malory book, 9 July 2013
I had this on paperback originally. I love reading this. There's a great twist in it too. Would recommend proper chick book

4.0 out of 5 stars captives of my desires, 10 Jan 2008
Well i love the Malory Family. I could not help but feel i was tacking this journey with them. This story of love was simpley lovely and any womans dream and fantacy all in one book. but i have to say i prefer Jeremy and Dannys Love story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Held Captive, 20 Jan 2010
L. Martin - See all my reviews
This review is from: Captive Of My Desires (Paperback)
I read this book in 3 days, I really enjoyed it, I only have 2 Malory novels left to read here's hoping Johanna will write some more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get comfortable and ready to read., 17 Aug 2009
June Marie Birch (Holmfirth, West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Captive of My Desires
This is another excellent Malory novel, which as always contains humour, pathos and of course love, whilst keeping true to the adventure, johanna lindsey at her best.

Captive of My Desires (Malory Novels)
Captive of My Desires (Malory Novels) by Johanna Lindsey (Hardcover - 20 Jun 2006)
Used & New from: £0.01