5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring
In a very well written book, Jane and Mike Tomlinson manage to show how brave and inspirational an ordinary family can be. Although there is no doubt that Jane is an exceptionally courageous lady, she also makes it clear how hard this has been for them all. Both her's and Mike's honesty is refreshing, and at times painful.
Unputdownable, and if you want some...
Published on 5 April 2005 by Jayaw

3.0 out of 5 stars Wouldnt read it again but don't regret buying it!
There is no doubt that Jane Tomlinson was an amazing and strong woman who did astounding things during her illness, but i'm not sure i liked the way the book was written that much. Working in Oncology i wanted to understand what patients go through when they r told they r terminal and didn't feel that i got that with the book. I also found the relationship between her...
Published on 3 Aug 2009 by Ms. J. Worrall

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 5 April 2005
This review is from: The Luxury of Time (Hardcover)
Unputdownable, and if you want some motivation to get on and do anything in life, read this book. It should do the trick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely Inspirational, 18 Mar 2005
This review is from: The Luxury of Time (Hardcover)
Jane Tomlinson is a remarkable human being and there is a lesson to be learnt from reading this book. You will come away thinking that you should make every day count and with complete admiration both Jane and Mike who have turned their terrible situation into a campaign to help others. Beautifully written, painfully honest, heartbreaking at times but uplifting at others, The Luxury of Time, like their fundraising will go on to help many many people.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Luxury Of Time, 16 Mar 2005
This review is from: The Luxury of Time (Hardcover)
You don't need the luxury of time to read this book - its so compelling I went from cover to cover within two days.
Jane Tomlinson was an ordinary young mum who when faced with extraordinary circumstances showed a remarkable strength and courage.
Beautifully written, this story will inspire everyone to live their life to the full.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Compelling, 18 Mar 2005
This review is from: The Luxury of Time (Hardcover)
Extremely brave and very compelling. This book will make you feel the emotions of the writer and the writer does so with grace, elegance and an insurmountable courage. I would recommend this book highly for all to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible and inspiring read, 3 Nov 2005
This review is from: The Luxury of Time (Paperback)
I read this book in a single stretch because I couldn't stop. (Then I felt guilty for spending so much time on myself.)
This might sound odd but I bought the "The Luxury of Time" to get a sense of perspective having been told my dog (my 'child') has secondaries. It certainly did the trick - you can go and get another puppy anytime.
Jane is one incredible lady. How on earth has she beaten the pain barrier time and time and time again? How did she do all that studying and go to work when she felt so ill? The no-holds-barred true story is well told with Jane's and Mike's viewpoints alternating.
I feel pathetic and embarrassed by the whingeing I've done this year but at the same time inspired to make more of my life. Read this book and feel very, very humble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 1 Aug 2006
This review is from: The Luxury of Time (Hardcover)
I myself was diagnosed with breast cancer in January 2005 and have read many books on the subject. This book is as others have said, inspirational, it also written in an easy to read interesting style, is funny and sad but always manages to bring out true life. After reading this book I felt less afraid of the future and excited about getting on and doing things, I have stopped dwelling on what might be, I have even started running myself. If Jane can achieve all that she has, I can live a more positive life too. I would like to thank Jane and Mike Tomlinson for this honest and inspirational book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Inspirational, 27 Jun 2006
Carolyn, (Welwyn, Herts United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Luxury of Time (Paperback)
A friend loaned me this book and I was unable to put it down. It is one of the finest books I have ever read! I have just come on to Amazon to order a dozen copies to give to people I know will be as inspired as I have been.

Reading Jane's story, told through her and her families eyes, made me weep buckets but not in sympathy, they truly don't want pity. They are normal people living with extraordinary courage.

And one of the best messages from it for me is that it puts life into perspective. Thank you very much Jane and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravery In The Face Of Defeat, 20 Mar 2005
This review is from: The Luxury of Time (Hardcover)
Unbelievable bravery, unimaginable courage. This is one of those books that though you know (read) the hardships this author faces you can not for the life of you put it down, even when it brings you to tears.
I am a fan of any book that shows bravery and courage where it seems none had existed, this is one of the best.
Other recommendations: Nightmares Echo, Glass Castles and Smashed

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, 16 Nov 2005
This review is from: The Luxury of Time (Hardcover)
I could not put this book down, It made me feel very ashamed of any moans that i may have had Jane is such a inspiring person.
It gave both side of Janes and Michaels feeling and what they are going through as a family. She has such courage and strenght A person to be admired. One of the best books i have read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Luxury of Time - Fantastic Read, 14 Dec 2005
This review is from: The Luxury of Time (Paperback)
An absorbing and thoroughly moving read. Written in at times extremely stark detail - which only helps to make the reader understand how truly awful a situation like Janes can be. But you also identify with Jane and Mike as simply ordinary people like you and me who still have everyday life to contend with despite the massive problems a diagnosis likes Janes brings.
I truly admire her courage and self determination to come to terms with her illness. She is a shining example of triumph over adversity. Well Done!

The Luxury of Time
The Luxury of Time by Mike Tomlinson (Paperback - 3 Oct 2005)
5.58