5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo Ava Maria!
Published on 15 Feb 2010 by Ms. Nancy Buckland

3.0 out of 5 stars Holiday read
I chose this book for a reading group. It was Ok but I wouldn't read more of the same type
Published 16 months ago by J. Woods

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo Ava Maria!, 15 Feb 2010
Ms. Nancy Buckland "foxymissb" (Liverpool, Merseyside United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Stone Gap Trilogy: "Big Cherry Holler", "Big Stone Gap", "Milk Glass Moon": Big Stone Gap, Big Cherry Holler, Milk Glass Moon (Paperback)
I bought this trilogy after reading Lucia Lucia and loved it even more! I totally immersed myself in the world of the central character, Ava Maria, and her life in Virginia. There are no great twists and turns, just wonderful observational story-telling. I aslo got to care about all of the characters in the book, my favourite being Fleeta, whose pearls of wisdom I copied and use as my own. It's a big whopper of a book to read but the three novels are just the right length - and when you finish you'll want to read more. I loved everything about this trilogy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Warms your Heart, 15 Feb 2007
Ms. Martina M. Buggle (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I bought this book because it was on special - I could not put it downn. I could actually smell the mountains and visualise the seasons changing in Big Stone Gap. I sat up half the night reading the first book because I could feel Ave Maria's loneliness, Jack Mac's longing for her and the desperation of Mrs. Mac for her son to be happy and Ave Maria to wake up and grab that man with both hands. I swore to myself if our heroine the all round do gooder Ave Maria spent her life getting involved with other people because she was so scared of feeling or getting hurt and Jack Mac loved her for ever. He just got her, he just sat back and waited and with a hell of a push from his Mom, Ave Maria started to feel. Can't wait for the movie!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BIG STONE GAP TRILOGY, 4 Feb 2011
Anne Burleson "anniescot" (Florida) - See all my reviews
THIS IS ONE THE MOST ENGAGING AND ENJOYABLE SET OF STORIES THAT I HAVE READ IN AGES. ACTUALLY, I HAD ALREADY READ ALL OF THEM AND THIS SET WAS FOR A GIFT. HOWEVER, I REREAD MY SET AND ENJOYED THEM JUST AS MUCH AS I DID ON MY FIRST READING. I DON'T ENJOY ALL OF TRIGIANI'S NOVELS BUT THIS THESE I CAN HIGHLY RECOMMEND. YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PUT THEM DOWN , I PROMISE YOU! ENJOY .

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Stone Gap Trilogy, 1 Dec 2010
I bought this as a Christmas present for my sister-in-law, having read all of Adriana Trigiana's books. The three books in one is great as after reading Big Stone Gap, you can't wait for the next part of the story. Trigiani is one of my favourite writers.

5.0 out of 5 stars listening to a friend, 14 Nov 2009
I enjoyed this book a lot, so much so that it is one of my all time favs. The book hit on topics very close to my heart and I felt that I was listening to an old friend, so much so that I am taking my own sweet time finishing it, and will probably re-read it many times in the future!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful read!, 8 Sep 2005
BEH (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This collection was bought on a whim, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Trigiani's writing is beautiful, eloquent and evocative. This book immerses you in a time and place far away from here and now, but the people and emotions easily draw you into her world. I wanted to read this giant collection non-stop, and took the book everywhere with me, but at the same time I didn't want it to end. A truly wonderful read to keep and read again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reading, 1 Feb 2006
By A Customer
This book puts a smile on your face. Beautifully written with laughtet, love and tears. You will not be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014
Great book and very fast delivery. Thankyou.

5.0 out of 5 stars great new find, 1 Dec 2013
I recently read The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani and enjoyed it so much that I purchased the Big Stone Gap series. These three novels did not disappoint. An insight into American rural life and a family story of ups and downs join together to make an enthralling read. Purchased Home to Big Stone Gap after reading these three to find out what happens to Ave Maria and her family - it is good to find a new author I have not read previously and enjoy the books so much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 27 Oct 2013
not just a story - but a history lesson as to how shoes were hand made and marketed earlier this century.