on 15 February 2010
I bought this trilogy after reading Lucia Lucia and loved it even more! I totally immersed myself in the world of the central character, Ava Maria, and her life in Virginia. There are no great twists and turns, just wonderful observational story-telling. I aslo got to care about all of the characters in the book, my favourite being Fleeta, whose pearls of wisdom I copied and use as my own. It's a big whopper of a book to read but the three novels are just the right length - and when you finish you'll want to read more. I loved everything about this trilogy!
on 15 February 2007
I bought this book because it was on special - I could not put it downn. I could actually smell the mountains and visualise the seasons changing in Big Stone Gap. I sat up half the night reading the first book because I could feel Ave Maria's loneliness, Jack Mac's longing for her and the desperation of Mrs. Mac for her son to be happy and Ave Maria to wake up and grab that man with both hands. I swore to myself if our heroine the all round do gooder Ave Maria spent her life getting involved with other people because she was so scared of feeling or getting hurt and Jack Mac loved her for ever. He just got her, he just sat back and waited and with a hell of a push from his Mom, Ave Maria started to feel. Can't wait for the movie!!!!
on 4 February 2011
THIS IS ONE THE MOST ENGAGING AND ENJOYABLE SET OF STORIES THAT I HAVE READ IN AGES. ACTUALLY, I HAD ALREADY READ ALL OF THEM AND THIS SET WAS FOR A GIFT. HOWEVER, I REREAD MY SET AND ENJOYED THEM JUST AS MUCH AS I DID ON MY FIRST READING. I DON'T ENJOY ALL OF TRIGIANI'S NOVELS BUT THIS THESE I CAN HIGHLY RECOMMEND. YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PUT THEM DOWN , I PROMISE YOU! ENJOY .
on 14 November 2009
I enjoyed this book a lot, so much so that it is one of my all time favs. The book hit on topics very close to my heart and I felt that I was listening to an old friend, so much so that I am taking my own sweet time finishing it, and will probably re-read it many times in the future!.
on 1 December 2010
I bought this as a Christmas present for my sister-in-law, having read all of Adriana Trigiana's books. The three books in one is great as after reading Big Stone Gap, you can't wait for the next part of the story. Trigiani is one of my favourite writers.
on 8 September 2005
This collection was bought on a whim, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Trigiani's writing is beautiful, eloquent and evocative. This book immerses you in a time and place far away from here and now, but the people and emotions easily draw you into her world. I wanted to read this giant collection non-stop, and took the book everywhere with me, but at the same time I didn't want it to end. A truly wonderful read to keep and read again.
on 1 February 2006
This book puts a smile on your face. Beautifully written with laughtet, love and tears. You will not be dissapointed.
on 1 December 2013
I recently read The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani and enjoyed it so much that I purchased the Big Stone Gap series. These three novels did not disappoint. An insight into American rural life and a family story of ups and downs join together to make an enthralling read. Purchased Home to Big Stone Gap after reading these three to find out what happens to Ave Maria and her family - it is good to find a new author I have not read previously and enjoy the books so much.
on 26 July 2013
Very disappointing didn't enjoy it at all. A new author for me recommended by someone .

will not be trying any more.
on 11 May 2013
Bought this as a gift as I've read (and loved) the series of books. Adriana Trigiani writes so beautifully that you can't help but get totally caught up in the story and you won't be able to put it down as you'll be dying to know what happens next.....thanks to this bumper edition of the series all in one book you won't have to. Would definitely recommend - buy it for all of your girlfriends who love a good read of a great story.