4.0 out of 5 stars Good to remind you what to prioritize in ministry
The book is a very good read, and the language is simple.
As another review said, if you follow pastor Mark Driscoll in the web, sure you heard many things that this book has to offer. Nevertheless, it puts all them together in a sequence that makes sense.

Published 11 months ago by Rony

3.0 out of 5 stars A good reminder of our mission
This book is a good reminder of our responsibility to be salt and light in this world. I have only given the book three stars because I have heard most of it before from Driscoll, though most of it is worth repeating.
Published 12 months ago by Robert Millar

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to remind you what to prioritize in ministry, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: A Call to Resurgence (Paperback)
The book is a very good read, and the language is simple.

But, I go forward to say that if you want to empower new people to ministry, and give them that feeling of urgency of the missional duty we have for the Gospel, this book is a jewel.

It gives you a brief macrovision about Theology, discuss the in-house disagreements that sometimes slow down the servants in ministry, and call people to really flourish in the cultural moment we live in.

I am a Londoner, and although the book focus a lot on the cultural changes in USA, it is still a timely advise for cultural change that we are living around the world.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good reminder of our mission, 7 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, 30 May 2014
This review is from: A Call to Resurgence HB (Hardcover)
An excellent read for anyone concerned about the future of true Christianity and how to reach the generation of young people.

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting & meaty read, 23 May 2014
MP Lowden-Stoole (karlskrona, Sweden) - See all my reviews
A well thought out, academic yet easily digestible read. An interesting and well researched point of view with some real meaty ideas to chew on. I'm educated & inspired by reading this.

3.0 out of 5 stars resurgence, 16 April 2014
This review is from: A Call to Resurgence (Paperback)
Very American, so some parts are rather difficult to see. It does tell of what is happening in America, but is not really the book for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Repentance, Mission, Resurgence, 10 Jan 2014
A great reminder of the Church's call to mission. There is some material here which is repeated from previous books but it's all useful and it's always good to be reminded! The Church will live because Christ lives but will we play our part in seeing it grow?

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking back to understand our future, 1 Sep 2014
Mr. N. J. Todman "mr_todtastic" - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
In some ways this book is like a greatest hits collection, recapping many of Mark Driscoll's major ministry themes, the drums of which he has been banging for the past twenty years. In other ways it is a middle years reflection on where he and America are at in 2014 and the ways Mars Hill's ministries have intersected with culture inside and outside of the church. I particularly appreciated his sociological insights and his assessment of the different tribes within evangelicalism.

I read it on holiday and enjoyed it. it made me laugh. It made me think. It made me glad to know Jesus. It increased my confidence that even in the western world Christianity will have a future not a funeral.

A Call to Resurgence HB
A Call to Resurgence HB by Mark Driscoll (Hardcover - 1 Nov 2013)