5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking!!
Published on 7 April 2003 by Ms. K. L. Turner

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best Francine Rivers!
Storyline unbelievable - written to support US anti-abortion lobby?
Disappointed as thoroughly enjoyed Lineage of Grace, Marta's Legacy series etc.
Published 21 months ago by BD Lancs

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking!!, 7 April 2003
Ms. K. L. Turner "happyasever@cheerful.com" (Bradford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Atonement Child (Hardcover)
When my friend recommended the book to me I wasn't interested at first because of the subject matter (rape and abortion), yet when I began reading it I couldn't put it down. The characters were portrayed very well and this impacted me deeply. I felt like I got to know Dinah through all of her pain and I found myself thinking about her for ages after I finished reading the book. I'm so glad that a very controversial subject was handled so openly and I found myself having to really search myself on the issue of abortion. Half way through the book I sat and cried. I learned through this book that no matter what life throws at us, God's Word stands. As a Christian I know that abortion is not God's will, yet I was unsure as to why. Dinah's baby was not some monsters kid, she was a child of God and precious in his sight. I was very moved by the book and would recommend it. Be prepared to be challenged!

5.0 out of 5 stars A riveting read, 2 Feb 2003
By A Customer
I couldn't put this book down. As a story it is a fabulous read, and it also helps so much in understanding what people go through with rape, abortion and the decisions they have to make. I'd recommend it to anyone who has ever had a friend who had an abortion and would like to understand them better. Also to anyone who wants to read a really riveting story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, well researched book on a dificult topic, 29 Jun 2000
This review is from: The Atonement Child (Hardcover)
Francine Rivers excells in this book at exposing the utter devatation that a rape leaves behind. On top of that she deals with the subject of abortion in a sensitive but not sentimental way. This book will make people sit down and examine their own hearts. A remarkable book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable at least!, 10 July 1998
This review is from: Atonement Child (Paperback)
If a man's heart can be shattered to pieces this book can do just that! Most men really have no understanding of the act of rape until it hits home; wife, daughter, sister, mother. This book helps men to understand. Add a difficult dicision to boot! Hard to put down!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, ENCOURAGING, HEART AND MIND-OPENING, 19 April 1998
This review is from: The Atonement Child (Hardcover)
This was the best book I've read ever. (And I've read many, many, many.) Even though it's fiction, it presents facts. This book will touch and open your heart and mind. This book will give encouragement and strength. Even though the topic of the book is abortion, it will give encouragement in other ways as well. So, even if you are not dealing with abortion, it will still give encouragement. This book gave me encouragement, inspiration, and a new outlook on life, love, and God. It was so good, it went by so fast. I thought it would take me at least a month to read the book, but it went by in a week. This book is so uplifting, I would recommend it be read by all. A '10' doesn't do this book justice, but it's the highest rating there is. This book is AWESOME.

4.0 out of 5 stars outreach through personal adversity, 16 Jan 2008
This review is from: Atonement Child (Paperback)
A lot of people may not know this, but Rivers herself had an abortion in her younger days. This brave, well-written book, explores the search for forgiveness and understanding in a narrow, often bigoted, world of ignorance.

A brilliant achievement.

5.0 out of 5 stars A God honouring book, 16 April 2012
I had wrestled with myself about buying this book. I downloaded the sample, but I found the idea of reading about rape too upsetting. However, the rape part of the book was mostly devoid of any kind of overly detailed information.

I have to say that as a person that has been on both sides of the fence, I was pro-choice but now am pro-life, I found that the book agreed with my spiritual understanding of life, when life beings. It also flowed with the knowlege of God that I have come to know since my becoming a Christian.

I found it inspiring to see Dynah walking her own path, against all those who would try to influence her away fromt the truths that she had always held onto. More than one time you can see temptations put before her to comply, such as the loss of love and future, you can also see that other times brute force was almost used to get her to comply. In this story its very much all about how other people react to an innocent victim of a terrible crime, its alot about how uncomfortable it make them for a whole host of reasons. Its about betrayal of those who were supposed to support and love you. Its about the hypocrisy of a Church system that only cares about protecting itself and its image.

This story is about holding onto Jesus when every arm of flesh fails you, and seeing your redemption come from him.

Wonderful book. Well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Francine Rivers, 3 Sep 2009
Doobrey "lucy" (South West England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Atonement Child (Paperback)
Another excellent read from Francine Rivers.I would fully recommend this book. The message is - always think and reconsider before having an abortion, don't be badgered into doing it. Pray hard for guidance - life is precious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Atonement Child, 15 Jan 2012
This review is from: Atonement Child (Paperback)
This is a must read, I couldn't put it down, it made me think, cry and be so grateful that Jesus is the centre of my life! I can't wait to start my next Francine Rivers book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
Excellent

The Atonement Child
The Atonement Child by Rivers Francine (Paperback - 1 Jun 2012)