5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and so user friendly
I already have a study bible, but wanted an easier to use more modern one, and this is it. I usually use NIV, but this version was recommended to me and I really really like it. The translation from checking back I think is very authentic and carefully done. The notes are also written by well researched commentators.
The study/commentry part is extremely user...
Published on 21 May 2009 by Frootie

3.0 out of 5 stars The mechanics of use are not easy
This review is not of the Life Application Bible in itself, which is an excellent edition of the world's greatest book (a book I have been reading and studying for nearly 60 years) but a review of this e-book version.

Published on 20 Oct 2012 by Andrew Ramsey

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and so user friendly, 21 May 2009
Frootie (North West, England) - See all my reviews
The study/commentry part is extremely user friendly - all the additional information is on the same pages as the bible text - so no flicking pages. It is also written in such a way, you want to keep going on and exploring more, as it brings the Word to life. I bought this for leading study groups to give better background info on the texts, and found it really helpful for giving better understanding to the background and meaning, as it is completely relevant, easy to understand language AND has great application. It also has plenty of maps and biography boxes to better 'ground' the reader in the verses. Superb bible and commentry - Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, 28 Jan 2010
This . of course is the bible and so will always be reveiwed as the all time no 1 bestseller. That apart, this publication is exceptionally easy to read and dare i say understand. Very clear definitions relating to our modern life. Maps and translations and excellent character descriptions.
I have a leather bound version and i bought this for a needy friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 26 Feb 2009
Wow. Absolutely Amazing.
It has completey changed the way I read the Bible.
I would recommend it to anyone :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Application Study Bible (New Living Translation) Large Print Copy, 20 April 2009
GEOFFERY (LICHFIELD, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Life Application Study Bible-NLT-Large Print

Excellent hardbacked, modern English translation, with authoritive study guide.
Easy to read for people whose eye sight is not too good and yet not too heavy to hold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christian must have, 12 Mar 2012
Having a Study Bible on your Kindle is amazing. It took me a while to learn to navigate from the bible to the study notes and back and using bookmarks and links but I did go at it haphazzardly and it was the first book I downloaded to my Kindkle so I wasnt an expert. Once I read the instructions fully at the front of the bible, it has totally liberated my bible study. It is important you read the instrcutions to get the best from your bible.I can now take my bible anywhere and read a few verses at a time if thats what time allows. I do have the hard copy of the bible and it is heavy!

5.0 out of 5 stars NLT?, 12 July 2006
V. Marshall (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this bible not knowing what the NLT stood for, it's New Living Translation, it's great, really easy to read. The only thing is, it's really big so not very mobile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 18 Jan 2011
MRS (Crewe, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this bible for myself - and used it at a family bible reading time today. My 13 year old son and 7 year old daughter both happily read from it and wanted one for themseves. It comes with indexing and comes with Jesus's words in red which is also helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars best bible, 14 Oct 2010
Jill Biddick (Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
Am delighted with this bible. All I could wish for and more. It has helped me so much in understanding and appreciating the bible - especially for bible study classes.

I would not like to be without it now. Thanks J.B.

3.0 out of 5 stars The mechanics of use are not easy, 20 Oct 2012

A Study Bible, by its very nature, has hundreds, if not thousands, of book introductions, footnotes, cross-references, maps, review articles, etc. and these are very much an essential part of the book. The difficulty is navigating round all these in the e-book version when studying a Bible passage. In a physical book it is easy to flick over pages, put your thumb in a page while you look somewhere else, etc. Even a PC version, with various icons scattered round the screen, is easy to navigate. However, the e-book format does not lend itself to the constant jumping from place to place necessary for a serious Bible study. I have stopped using all the notes, maps etc. because the navigation is too difficult - I would often find myself on the wrong page and then spend as much frustrating time trying to get back to the original page as I did actually studying. Perhaps if I had fine, brain surgeon's fingers that can access the very small icons it would be easier, but my wide fingers do not make it at all easy.

I must repeat that this is not a negative review of the Life Application Bible as such, but just of the e-book version.

5.0 out of 5 stars NLT Life Application study bible, 7 Jun 2009
Joanna S. Leigh "Jo" (uk) - See all my reviews
Very informative with additional informaton. Very easy to read.Dictonary Concordance vey good beautifly laid out.

Great value for money

Life Application Study Bible-Nlt-Personal Size
Life Application Study Bible-Nlt-Personal Size by Tyndale House Publishers (Bonded Leather - April 2005)