on 18 September 2009
I lapsed as a Christian 20 years ago, and have only recently begun believing again. If I had had this study bible back then it would have saved me 20 years of living in the wilderness.

I can't recommend this book highly enough. Thanks to it I get so much more from the bible than before. The translation is very clear, and the notes really bring the meaning of passages to life making it so much easier to apply teachings to daily life.
on 28 January 2010
This . of course is the bible and so will always be reveiwed as the all time no 1 bestseller. That apart, this publication is exceptionally easy to read and dare i say understand. Very clear definitions relating to our modern life. Maps and translations and excellent character descriptions.
I have a leather bound version and i bought this for a needy friend.
on 12 June 2009
A very good and useful Bible, a wonderful aid to learning the word of God. The footnotes are extremely useful. I'd be lost without them, when I'm Bible study. They break down the message in a most understandable way. Also gives you the history and background to the word, the people and each book of the Bible. Simply FAB!!!
on 20 October 2012
This review is not of the Life Application Bible in itself, which is an excellent edition of the world's greatest book (a book I have been reading and studying for nearly 60 years) but a review of this e-book version.

A Study Bible, by its very nature, has hundreds, if not thousands, of book introductions, footnotes, cross-references, maps, review articles, etc. and these are very much an essential part of the book. The difficulty is navigating round all these in the e-book version when studying a Bible passage. In a physical book it is easy to flick over pages, put your thumb in a page while you look somewhere else, etc. Even a PC version, with various icons scattered round the screen, is easy to navigate. However, the e-book format does not lend itself to the constant jumping from place to place necessary for a serious Bible study. I have stopped using all the notes, maps etc. because the navigation is too difficult - I would often find myself on the wrong page and then spend as much frustrating time trying to get back to the original page as I did actually studying. Perhaps if I had fine, brain surgeon's fingers that can access the very small icons it would be easier, but my wide fingers do not make it at all easy.

I must repeat that this is not a negative review of the Life Application Bible as such, but just of the e-book version.
on 1 May 2008
this is a brilliant Bible full of explanatory notes, a mini concordance, and dictionary as well as background into each book you're reading and the main characters. It really makes the Bible come alive and enhances your understanding. Whether it's to study, read or a companion for meditating on the word, this is it. There's also the added bonus of the daily Bible reading plan
on 21 May 2009
I already have a study bible, but wanted an easier to use more modern one, and this is it. I usually use NIV, but this version was recommended to me and I really really like it. The translation from checking back I think is very authentic and carefully done. The notes are also written by well researched commentators.
The study/commentry part is extremely user friendly - all the additional information is on the same pages as the bible text - so no flicking pages. It is also written in such a way, you want to keep going on and exploring more, as it brings the Word to life. I bought this for leading study groups to give better background info on the texts, and found it really helpful for giving better understanding to the background and meaning, as it is completely relevant, easy to understand language AND has great application. It also has plenty of maps and biography boxes to better 'ground' the reader in the verses. Superb bible and commentry - Highly recommended.
on 26 February 2009
Wow. Absolutely Amazing.
It has completey changed the way I read the Bible.
I would recommend it to anyone :)
on 12 March 2012
Having a Study Bible on your Kindle is amazing. It took me a while to learn to navigate from the bible to the study notes and back and using bookmarks and links but I did go at it haphazzardly and it was the first book I downloaded to my Kindkle so I wasnt an expert. Once I read the instructions fully at the front of the bible, it has totally liberated my bible study. It is important you read the instrcutions to get the best from your bible.I can now take my bible anywhere and read a few verses at a time if thats what time allows. I do have the hard copy of the bible and it is heavy!
on 24 February 2010
I'm not a devout, church-going Christian but I really wanted to be able to read the Bible and use it as guidance in my daily life as I strive to be a better person. However, I just didn't understand it as the writing was so out-of-date and I didn't see the point that it was trying to make. Because of this (I'm sorry, but I have to be honest) I found it boring and a waste of time. Then I saw this Bible on Amazon and thought I'd give it a go.

From the day it arrived I have TOTALLY fallen in love with it! Not only is the writing in plain, modern English that I can understand, but the phrases are explained so help me understand it and the footnotes how this relates to my daily, modern life and how I can apply it. It's a total revelation!!! At last, I can understand!

The daily reading list is invaluable and it also includes 'character' profiles to get to know the people more closely and explains the lessons that we can learn from their lives. The time-line to show what else was happening in the world at the same time as these biblical events is also very interesting and helps to put everything into context, again cementing the understanding.

I can't say enough positive things about this and, like all great inventions, I wonder why no-one thought of it earlier!
on 20 April 2009
Life Application Study Bible-NLT-Large Print

Excellent hardbacked, modern English translation, with authoritive study guide.
Easy to read for people whose eye sight is not too good and yet not too heavy to hold.