on 17 July 2007
I first found `Line' when I was looking for scanlations of yuri mangas on the internet. I found this one in a bittorrent and decided to get it and give it a go. I was not disappointed.

The main character is a large-breasted girl named Chiko, who finds an abandoned mobile phone at a train station. And this starts a tale of suicide and friendships that form, as well as some true-to-life lessons being learnt.

The shoujo-ai in this story is supplied through Chiko's classmates and their opinions on Bando, though it is obvious in the way that Bando constantly tries to protect Chiko that she likes her.

The way that Chiko acts around her friends and the things they do are actually quite shallow, such as Chiko's nails being a point of conversation early on and the fact that the guys pick on one of the other girls, calling her `lardo' and saying that she reeks all the time in a childish way. However, like the other reviewer said; "the shallowness of it all is actually part of the point".

Though it is a dark manga, it has a nice feel-good ending that I enjoyed very much. The artwork reminds me of Bleach and Excel saga, and Chiko herself reminds me of Orihime from Bleach in particular.

When I realised I could purchase the title, I did so straight away. For fans of the mysterious, and those who like shoujo-ai, this is a great manga. I finished it feeling happy and satisfied.
on 21 October 2006
I just read 'Line' by Yua Kotegawa. It's a single volume story published by ADV. It's a really good story with some interesting themes and good progression. The book is something I probably wouldn't have picked up were it not for the fact that I had already read a review of it elsewhere (and the cover art is really nice). The artwork is pretty cheesy and 'anime'-esque, and the main character is a japanese schoolgirl with large breasts. Despite this it picks up fairly quickly, and the shallowness of it all is actually part of the point. It probably isn't the best thing I've read, it certainly is good and does a nice job of demonstrating the progression of a character throughout the development of a story.
on 29 November 2007
A manga I kept seeing advertised in magazines, and I finally stumbled upon a copy in a local book shop. I didnt hesitate to buy it.
I wasn't particularly aware of what the story was or the genre, It turned out to be rather good.
It's got lovely, clean artwork, somewhat reminicent of a mature Tokyo Mew Mew(Mia Ikumi). The story was a nice thriller I think, well... not nice. But nicely done. Bit cliched in places, but nice. Reminded me a bit of "Remote" by Seimaru Amagi.

It's only 1 volume on its own. Like Rizelmine. So its not expensive to buy. If your looking for something a bit different, try it. It won't cost much and its worth it even if its just for the pretty art.