5.0 out of 5 stars Comedy at it's best, 9 Mar. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Azumanga Daioh: v. 2 (Paperback)
When I first read this manga, I have to admit I thought that the style was rather "peanuts" in it's approach, and could not get used to the 4 panel stories / strips.
Still, I thought it was huge in Japan, so it must have something to offer... and it does.
There is a strong character development, and whilst there is no ongoing story (or one I can make out yet), there is an ongoing theme, and it is absolutely hilarious.
Check out the psychopathic cat... I want one.
The books are also larger than the Tokyopop manga (of which I have many), and Azumanga Daioh is the first aquisition by ADV Manga which is extremely well drawn, and translated
Definitely one to invest in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge Barrel of Laughs, 16 Feb. 2005
This review is from: Azumanga Daioh: v. 2 (Paperback)
It has been 3 years since I left school. During that time I have encountered very little to smile about. However this manga has given me many a good chuckle and makes me wish I had friends and teachers like the characters.
Perhaps the most memorable moment is the when "Osaka" suffers from a bout of hiccups. Much hilarity ensues as they attempt to cure her through all manner of methods, some resulting in injury to her. I have to sympathise with her as I seem to have a hiccup problem myself.
Very rarely do I encounter a book that makes me want to pick it up and re-read it even if I've gotten to the end. This is one of them. If you are not a fan of manga I suggest you give this a try.

Azumanga Daioh: v. 2
Azumanga Daioh: v. 2 by Kiyohiko Azuma (Paperback - 29 Dec. 2003)
Used & New from: £0.01