5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever book on Child Protection?
So, this may not be the best book to absolutely start your Child Protection Social Work career, but you *need* to read it. I have never read a better book on Child Protection that has changed my practice more, without exception.

Published on 12 Oct. 2012 by Jules Rules

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
I bought this book as part of my Social Work degree, but there are better ones out there. This is quite hard going and not very well set out. Its got a lot of information in, but is better for someone who is going to use it on more than one occasion and is perhaps looking to go into the child protection arena.
Published on 20 April 2010 by Toni Harness

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever book on Child Protection?, 12 Oct. 2012

This is a book grounded in reality, which has completely changed how I approach CP, how I write assessments, and how I make decisions. I feel that I have at least become a vaguely competent practitioner having read it, and it has given me frameworks for carrying out my work and making defensible, timely and informed decisions.

A must for every social worker. I may start buying it for every NQSW I have...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent- would absolutely recommend it for any one working with children and young ..., 26 Nov. 2013
Excellent- would absolutely recommend it for any one working with children and young people whether Health, Care or Education

Dr Sarah Temple [...]

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 20 April 2010
Toni Harness "Raven Reader" (Coventry, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible insights, 18 April 2014
A must read for anyone working in the child protection arena. She explains very well the complexities and intricacies involved in such work.

5.0 out of 5 stars useful, 16 May 2013
if you are studying social works and need to write about the decision making process, then munro's decision making trees will help you

5.0 out of 5 stars Greta service - great book. It should have been identified that there ..., 25 Nov. 2014
Greta service - great book. It should have been identified that there is a second edition out which may have been more useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Feb. 2015
An excellent book on the subject

Effective Child Protection
Effective Child Protection by Eileen Munro (Hardcover - 19 May 2008)