Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 December 2014
The book is detailed but exceptionally heavy going and a very uninspiring read, in fact enough to put many students off geography if this is the first contact they have with the subject. Some of the chapters are overlong and ramble off the topic, with poor unclear examples. The book could also desperately do with better illustrations, preferably in colour, to help bring the world of geography to life.
on 12 October 2013
Bought this book during first year of my BSc Geography degree. It definitely helped me to explore other areas of Geography I had not encountered during GCSE or A-Level. I also found that it can be especially useful if you're considering a career in teaching as it provides you with the basic elements of Geography.
on 10 January 2012
Very good detail about key concepts. Each section has a conclusion, summary and suggested further reading section which is helpful. It has been helpful when writing essays at degree level.
on 5 July 2013
I study geography at Bristol and did not find it particularly useful for my course nor particularly interesting.
disappointing as i thought it would be much more helpful.
on 11 February 2014
this book was bought for my daughter who is going to university in the summer - looks very heavy going but I'm sure she'll be up to it when she gets there !
on 4 January 2016
good book it you are doing a geography degree
on 15 March 2016