on 2 June 2010
This book is eesential reading for those wanting a detailed overview of counselling and psychotherapy. I bought it myself to get this overview as I was exploring the field and I wasn't disappointed. The author presents a clear historical perspective to counselling and psychotherapy and there are detailed chapters on all of the main approaches. Personally, I love this book. It helped me draw conclusions about the right direction for my own education and training in psychotherapy and counselling and helped me set the approach I have chosen in context. As the book sets this as one of its goals, I couldn't have asked for anything more.
on 3 February 2013
Excellent, absolutely worth the money. Perfect for revising before exams, as well as an excellent guide to have next to the module Psychology and Counselling.
on 8 June 2014
This is an excellent book as a point of reference for the main approaches in counselling and psychotherapy. Great value too.
on 6 May 2013
Extremely helpful for the duration of a counselling degree course, I would recommend this as one to buy and keep.
on 2 August 2009
The handbook provides a very useful overview for those studying a range of therapies.
I was also very pleased with the speedy service and condition of the item
on 2 August 2010
I bought this book as part of my study in the field of psycho-hypnotherapy. It is an excellent book. However, as I am dyslexic I looked for the audio version of the book, which I could not unfortunately find. I find it disappointing that scientific, and social science books are rare to find in audio version. I appreciate it immensely if anybody could help.