5.0 out of 5 stars Must have book for students and professionals alike, 8 Jan. 2009
Helga (Paphos, Cyprus) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The SAGE Dictionary of Criminology (Paperback)
I thought i will quickly scan through the contents of the book the moment it was in my hands. I ended up reading for hours non-stop and finding myself drawn in each and every subject wanting to read more. This will, without a doubt be my companion in my studies. Good quality and easy reading even for a non-English reader like myself!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure its worth the money, 31 Jan. 2010
This review is from: The SAGE Dictionary of Criminology (Paperback)
This isnt a bad reference book, as other reviewers have already mentioned it does provide insight and explanations which at times can be quite detailed, it is also not written in a way where you would need an English dictionary on standby to understand the word and its given meaning.

However I do think it is a little overpriced, there are far more concise readers and reference books that I own in this subject which contain a vast array of details that this one doesn't, if it was not priced so high I wouldn't be complaining but as a student with a huge list of text books to buy and this one not being on it, due to its price I would have had to refrain from buying it unless I had got vouchers to buy it.

The quality of the book in terms of build is excellent and is something I find a lot of reviews forget to include, with a dictionary like this, being slung into a bag and used very regularly and carried to most places it is withstanding the daily battering it is getting. The pages are still firmly in tact after 6 months use, the glue is not showing signs of disintegrating and the thick pages have not torn at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth the extra, 21 July 2010
This review is from: The SAGE Dictionary of Criminology (Paperback)
I use this book extensively as a refresher, sometimes as a criminologist one can get set into threads and not deviate.
This was well written in an easy to understand layman's way
A bit on the expensive side but well worth the extra few quid!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Criminology Dictionary, 22 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The SAGE Dictionary of Criminology (Paperback)
Good essential knowledge here for university students, would thoroughly reccommend buying this before you commence studies as it will make things a LOT easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars So thats what it means !!!, 20 May 2012
D. Wragg "Dawggg" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The SAGE Dictionary of Criminology (Paperback)
I used this book when doing OU courses, if is straight forward and the explanations given enable inclusion in your essays.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely useful but..., 11 Dec. 2013
C (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The SAGE Dictionary of Criminology (Paperback)
This is a very useful book for any students or lecturers but it's doesn't contain everything (how could a book do that?) so sometimes I find myself trying to find definitions from elsewhere, usually on the internet. Being a current student I found this extremely useful in first year but not so much in second year so far.

It's good and informative but may not cover exactly everything you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential when studying Criminionology, 14 Nov. 2013
Explains things simply so I understand theories that I have never read about provides extended reading which helps if I need a jumping off point for an essay. Definitely get it especially if you are a first year like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The SAGE Dictionary of Criminology (Paperback)
Excellent definitions provided for Sociological terms. Will be well used on starting University this year. Recommend for all students of Sociology. You will use this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant- a must have!, 3 Feb. 2010
Ms. D. Hughes (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The SAGE Dictionary of Criminology (Paperback)
This book is quite simple a must have for anyone studying criminology! It gives short and detailed explainations of 99% of all crim theories and concepts and key terms!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The SAGE Dictionary of Criminology, 3 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The SAGE Dictionary of Criminology (Paperback)
Excellent quality and brilliant for my studies. No hi-lighting or marks. Arrived promptly although the brown paper packaging had torn on arrival.

The SAGE Dictionary of Criminology
The SAGE Dictionary of Criminology by Eugene McLaughlin (Paperback - 15 Nov. 2005)
Used & New from: £5.50