on 24 March 2002
If you are interested in understanding the behaviour and interests of young children this is the place to start! Cathy Nutbrown draws upon her own extensive experience of working with children and Early Years Practitioners to demystify the concept of 'Schemas'. These are recognisable patterns of behaviour which indicate how children are making the connections neccessary for the development of thought and understanding. The extensive illustrations and jargon free text make this an excellent text for students, parents and workers who wish to be more closely in tune with young children. It is the book that I most often lend or recommend to Early Years colleagues and students
Seriously interested readers will almost certainly also wish to read the seminal work of Chris Athey (1990) Extending Thought in Young Children: A Parent -Teacher Partnership, published by Paul Chapman, London.
on 12 July 2004
I haven't read a lot about Schemas-this book is a great introduction.It is easy to understand and I have shared it with others within the Foundation Stage.
on 24 December 2011
A very useful book. I refer to it all the time. Worth buying.
Book arrived really fast. completely happy purchasing from Amazon.
on 9 July 2013
This book is another essential read for all childcare workers and students. Revised in recent years, it offers a vision of child development that we should all take heed of and use in our planning for young childrens play and learning.
on 8 July 2015
Very interesting read, a book that will not only assist me through my studies but also in my everyday practice. Would recommend to others.
on 15 June 2015
fast delivery thank you, helped loads with my unit for uni.
on 25 July 2011
I did find this book informative and helpful during the 1st year of my foundation degree in childrens early years education,and used it as reference in a couple of assignments. I really liked the Again,Again book on schematic play which helped me with an assignment and powerpoint presentation.I found it easier to read then the Nutbrown but not so in depth.
on 28 March 2015
Good reading for developing understanding on schemata.
on 1 February 2009
i'm not the world's best reader and so this book is alittle long winded for me, but on the other had i have found some very useful points in this book. i've only read the points that have been relevant to myself at the time and this has helped.Threads of Thinking: Young Children Learning and the Role of Early Education
on 17 April 2012
An o.k book if one is looking just at schemas. I did not learn anything new about schemas which I was hoping this book would produce. But a good first read for anyone just beginning linking schemas as a learning tool for development..