5.0 out of 5 stars Romany Rye
A classic victorian work - of great help with my historical studies of rural life in the era a useful addition to my library
Published on 8 Nov 2012 by M. J. Sydenham-shipman

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a book about Romanies
Published 10 months ago by Mike the Drum

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a book about Romanies, 4 Feb 2014
I was disappointed with the book content. I greatly enjoy reading Borrow's Wild Wales and, as I was doing research on the Romany way of life, I thought it would be interesting to read a contemporary account from Borrow in The Romany Rye. However much of the content is pedantic, immaterial to Romany life and frankly rather boring. It's informative when giving accounts of customs and habits in Victorian times, but wasn't what I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Romany Rye, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Romany Rye (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... book I first read many years ago and thoroughly enjoyed then, now, 4 Nov 2014
This review is from: The Romany Rye (Kindle Edition)
A book I first read many years ago and thoroughly enjoyed then, now, reading it again it has given me even greater pleasure. It is a pity that George Borrow is not much better known and appreciated.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 10 Aug 2014
as expected

The Romany Rye (Dodo Press)
The Romany Rye (Dodo Press) by George Borrow (Paperback - 11 April 2008)