on 8 September 2013
This book really fills a gap and will no doubt become a vital addition to school libraries once the need to teach Britain's History before the Roman invasion becomes part of the curriculum (2014).
However, education apart, this is a brilliant little book which should interest any child living in Britain today. Having read several adult books on British prehistory recently in order to prepare myself for a topic on the Bronze Age in primary school, this seems to encapsulate the latest theories and draws on recent finds and new evidence to clearly describe and illustrate the rich history of British people and their changing culture. It is all there and more. I can't recommend it highly enough. Well done Usbourne - ordering my own personal copy right now!
on 22 October 2014
Where better to start history lessons but in prehistoric times. This is a great book that covers the prehistoric times starting with the dinosaurs and ending with the Romans.
This is a great book to read on its own, or to use like we have done and use it as a timeline which we can research further. It is a small book that is simply packed with information that is interesting and makes history fun
on 18 April 2013
Very Nice learning tool,fun and well presented.I just love Usborne products!My son and daughter really liked it too.
Would recommand .
on 5 September 2014
Great book for info. I've bought it as covering Stone Age with my year 3 and 4 children this term. Really helpful.
Fast delivery, no probs
on 12 September 2014
Ideal for the new curriculum around prehistory. Good quality print and nice pictures with lots of useful information
on 5 June 2015
Not really what I was expecting, more suited to adults rather than children.
on 15 December 2014
Good as a reference book to be used with children.
on 7 November 2015