5.0 out of 5 stars Really cool book!
This is an excellent book and very good value for money. Bang up-to-date with topics and language. Really clever way of keeping topics interesting by adding cartoon strips. Links to the Usborne website and other relevant websites are very useful for testing your progress. Would definitely recommend this book to anyone wanting to learn French in a fun and easy way.
Published on 18 Nov 2010 by T. J. Emeny

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought to help remember French learnt in school.
This book is very good in explaining the Grammar used in French and the illustrated storyline is very good but I find it difficult to remember the correct Grammar, tenses and masculine and feminine genders. To be fair, I'm retired and memory isn't as good these days.
Published 16 months ago by Fishpond

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cool book!, 18 Nov 2010
T. J. Emeny - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, 14 April 2011
A very clever way of learning, and it's given me a far easier war of sentence building..something I've really struggled with until now. An ideal book for kiddies too. If you're really wanting to get to grips with French then I'd thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Introduction to French, 20 July 2012
This is an excellent introduction to French. It progressively introduces new text and grammar followed by an ongoing story which uses to good effect what you have just learnt. I spent 5 years at school learning French and quite frankly I got further in the couple of weeks reading this book. This book should be a standard text at schools as it is clearly written and the step by step approach interspersed with a fun story to follow is a great way of making you want to learn the next stage so you can find out what happens. Whilst the story is just a simple one, by the time you have read it, you realise just how much French you have actually learnt and you know every word in the text and why it is there. Thoroughly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy french, 28 Mar 2012
I speak French fluently and wanted to purchase a book for a friend who was having some difficulty with grammar. I bought this book for her and she was absolutely delighted. It explains the basics really well, putting things in context with illustrations. She has since recommended it to other people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 11 Jan 2012
Brilliant book for all ages. A clear introduction and/or reminder for all. It seems aimed at young people given the ongoing story but the grammatical explanations are the best I have ever seen, it introduces ideas in a logical order and the whole book is useful for any age. I am developing my French (at the age of 50) as I have a house in France and spend quite a lot of time there - I am always referring back to the book even though I am having lessons. It says Easy French but the book covers more than you would think, including the imperfect, future and conditional tenses. Well worth the investment - as you can tell I could not recommend it highly enough - you will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any new student of French, 28 Aug 2012
I. Marshall "iain" (U.k) - See all my reviews
I recently picked up French again at the age of 25 having not studied it since GCSE (grade A), and have worked my way through a number of resources (may I recommend also Paul Collins French Audio Course which is excellent), and both this book and actually if you are a complete novice, Usborne French for beginners, are two excellent resources to aid your learning. Easy French really helps to put together the different tenses and sentence structure in a clear and easy to follow manner. The book is split into double page spreads of information and then the next spread is a story which uses the new material. The only down side is that there doesn't appear to be an intermediate version using the same idea, the closest thing is probably La Vie Celibataire by Yvonne Bruton which Amazon provide in Kindle form.

I am a teacher (of Mathematics) but I would strongly recommend this book to any parent who wants to encourage their child to continue with their French as they are simply not given enough time at school to do this, you cannot learn a language given 1-2 hours a a week. This book is fun and brings you along in leaps and bounds, and also as with most usborne texts they have internet links provided as of course you must listen to the language as well, most of the links seem to find their way back to the BBC and are short clips in french, but they are still good given that they are free.

A really excellent must buy, get it for your children and don't allow them to lose the fantastic opportunity they have to learn a langauge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 28 July 2012
The story is very child like but gives one a chance to practice and feel more confident about their reading. The explanation of how the langue works and the rules are explained very simple compared to other French learning books. Even though I knew about verbs, adjective etc I found there was addition information I was not aware of and suddenly many things in French grammar became clear to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 2 July 2012
I wanted a simple primer for a 10 year old. But I've used this very useful book more than they have, so far! It provides a very accessible introduction to basics of French grammar. The story, although designed for a younger audience, move vocabulary along enough to provide a useful reader for a rusty returner to French.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 11 Jun 2012
I bought this book to help my teenage granddaughter with her french. But this amazing little book has got me hooked on learning french myself. As a complete beginner I have since purchased Usbourne's French for beginners with CD to help with pronunciation as Easy French does not cover this. What it does for me is to keep the interest going. After just 2 weeks I already understand more about french grammar and recognise some common words and phrases. If I give up now I'll never know how the story ends so must get back to it.
Well written, interesting, aimed at the teenage market but suitable for adults. Love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely little book, 22 Jan 2013
This book is beautiful and really simple to use. It would make a really nice present for a child about 11 or 12 years. The only reason I have given it one less star is because it would be amazing if it had a audio tape with it. It does give you some websites that you can use, however these websites did not work on my computer. I think if you were taking french lessons this book would be perfect as a reference back up. Design wise it really is lovely.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Easy French (Easy Languages)
Easy French (Easy Languages) by Nicole Irving (Paperback - 1 April 2013)