on 8 October 2013
This was bought as a 6th birthday present for my niece and she loves it ... In fact she loves it so much she took it in holiday with her! lovely illustrations, and the text is simple enough for young children but has enough detail to be useful for older children too. Excellent purchase.
on 24 September 2015
My child enjoys me reading sections of this to her. She's 5 1/2 so some of the topics are a bit more difficult for her to get her head round so possibly suited to slightly older children. The book usually has 2 pages dedicated to each topic area and has just a few bite sized facts per page with brightly coloured photos/pictures which is easier for young children to digest. One negative point would be that for the edition I received, the Internet links to additional resources and information no longer worked and I couldn't find a way of retrieving the corresponding current edition pages (no obvious links through the website). This was partly the reason I chose this particular encyclopedia so a bit disappointing. However I simply pulled up similar details from other websites via a search engine.
on 20 November 2014
Wanted to get my 4 year a encyclopedia for his birthday and something he could keep for when he started school to help him out for homework. He quite often gets the book out and wants to look and pictures and learn about different things.

My son was recently set a home challenge for his first lot of homework and he used the encyclopedia to help learn lots of facts about his chosen idea.

Certainly is a great buy for a first encyclopedia and would recommend to others.
on 24 February 2014
Clear and interesting good value, bought lots for presents as so popular with the 9 year olds. Excellent buy. thanks
on 1 August 2014
Great book that he kids keep looking at and asking questions.....
Really sparking their interest. Fast service too.
on 3 September 2014
Contents and pictures are good but the book has started to fall apart at the binding.
on 6 September 2014
Amazing. All the pictures are very nice and interesting.
on 7 January 2015