5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant
I chose this maths dictionary because I have bought other Usborne books and I therefore know that they are good quality. This dictionary is no exception. The layout is excellent and definitions are given for mathematical vocabulary and also there are detailed explanations of methods and concepts.
I would recommend this to anyone who has children in Primary school or...
Published 11 months ago by Anne Gray

3.0 out of 5 stars Junior Maths Dictionary
I have rated this 3stars. The content is very good, but unfortunately there are SEVERAL misprints in this edition. Now, it comes with a sheet explaining 3 of the misprints & gives you the correct info. However, I have also found more questionable 'facts'. This is very disappointing as, as I said the content is good. I received this Jan '13 & it has lay in the...
Published on 27 Feb. 2013 by Glasgowgirl

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Junior Illustrated Maths Dictionary (Usborne Dictionaries) (Paperback)
I would recommend this to anyone who has children in Primary school or older who struggle with maths concepts and vocabulary.
Rated 5*****

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for KS2 revision before SATs, 17 July 2014
Excellent book for KS2 revision before SATs. My daughter uses this more for reference now. Easy, simple stages explained in an uncomplicated way for children to understand (and parents!) Light weight for taking to school if necessary. Thank you Usborne Books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book, 24 April 2013
I probably use it more than the children, for checking out how they are doing things, rather than them looking things up. That said the section on shapes has been of great value for their homework recently. As you'd expect of Usborne, easy to read, easy to use, attractive and well researched content. Good value when I ordered it and delivery super quick.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic highly recommended, 31 July 2013
Fantastic book, very helpful for both children and staff! Excellently written and illustrated, highlights the key areas of mathematics in a simple amd understandable way. Highly recommend this product! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful for the classroom, 25 Oct. 2013
Purchased this book due to a colleague raving on about it all year.... definitely worth the money! Examples can be used as questions which is useful and the explanations allow me to refresh my subject content before teaching a subject.

I have often copied the subject explanations for the children to use in their books as it is child friendly language and extremely useful. A worthwhile resource for both KS1 and 2 teachers as long as they incorporate it into their planning and lessons and do not just leave it sitting in the corner of their room as I have seen another colleague do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Junior Illustrated Math Dictionary.A useful resource-a must have!, 10 April 2013
Wow,I was not disappointed by how useful and resourceful this book is.
It is so good that I've even started brushing up on certain Math aspects like measurements and volume formulas.
No child should miss out on this easy,well illustrated dictionary as it will aid them to understand Maths in a different light!
I'm so grateful that this book was recommended to me and at such an affordable price tag,how can you not have this in your child's own resource library!
Thank you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU MUST BUY THIS, 21 Nov. 2012
Cannot praise this book highly enough, not only will it help your kids but it will help you to help your kids. I am not a school kid but a mature student who was struggling with maths, once I bought this dictionary the mud cleared and I haven't looked back. I have purchased other maths aids but this is by far the best, the pages are colourful and you are led in easy to understand examples, to find out more order a copy today and if you do I would be interested to hear your feedback

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful purchase for both children and parents., 3 Nov. 2013
An excellent source of know how for both children and parents alike. I recommend it to all parents whose children I teach.

5.0 out of 5 stars a godsend, 7 Oct. 2013
love this book, wouldnt be without it. if you have kids, you should own a copy, it will come in handy countless times. i cant even count the number of times we have reached for this when we got stuck while doing one Q or another. its so easy, effective, even kids can read through it and understand whats being explained.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real must!, 16 Feb. 2013
My DD teacher told me about this book as it helps with terms etc, different ways of doing the sums I did as a kid... It will really will help with my youngest lol!! If your over 30 and kids who make u go "you what?" When they talk maths at you, then this is for you!! I'm planning to get the secondary book of this as I'm going to have a cat in hells chance understanding that maths ;-)

Junior Illustrated Maths Dictionary (Usborne Dictionaries)
Junior Illustrated Maths Dictionary (Usborne Dictionaries) by Kirsteen Rogers (Paperback - 1 July 2012)