on 6 June 2012
My daughter is a strong 7 year old reader. Having had Usborne books for younger children I thought the text might be too easy for her but, being able to open the pages on Amazon to look inside, I thought it would be suitable for my daughter. She read the book over a period of a few days and learned a lot and enjoyed reading it. For example, just reading names of past monarchs gave my daughter her first understanding of Roman numerals. The pages are good quality, as expected from Usborne, with up to date information and images.
on 15 June 2012
Usborne Beginners are accessible and reliable little books, ideal for children from the age of around six upwards but with a rich enough vocabulary to appeal to older primary school children. They are ideal for young readers seeking a brief introduction to any subject. This one provides a clear and well-illustrated background to the Royal family at a very reasonable price. It will stand the test of time and still be on school library shelves when more flashy Jubilee biographies have lost their topicality. A worthwhile purchase.
on 9 January 2014
Very good, I enjoyed looking through the book, I know my granddaughter will. pleasant to the eye. well worth purchasing.
on 16 March 2016
great niece loved it wants to learn about royal family.