Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 February 2010
I am very pleased with this book - very clear instructions, fantastic ideas and easy to collect the resources needed to make the activities. I was as excited about it as the children in my class!
on 15 December 2009
Bought this for a homeschooling projet. Amazed at the simple good ideas. Kids loved it. Book is lovely and bright. Inspiring. Has 2 big pages of stickers. Well worth the money.
I bought this to support a school topic on Ancient Egyptians that my son (8) was doing in year 4 this term. It is superb, and we followed the instructions to make mummies and coffin cases; wonderful results! There are 2 pages of (mostly gold) stickers which he used to decorate his topic book, and instructions for making scarabs, a pectoral, arm cuff, various pictures and lots more.

A superb home activity book, especially in the context of a school topic.
on 15 April 2010
Absolutely great book for my 7 year old and pretty easy to make most things, although adult assistance is required most of the time.
on 21 September 2010
A fantastic book that would be excellent to use during a topic in school or for an Egyptian project at home. Contains loads of ideas of things to make and most ideas are very simple to make. A great book A*****
on 28 November 2009
This is great! Pictures support instructions, both are clear. A group of six 5 year olds followed the instructions (with pictures) to make their own mummy with VERY little support (adult present if support needed)was. Other activities: fun and inspirational - for those who like to use the instructions as a starting point for their own unique picture/headdress etc.
on 22 March 2010
I ordered this book as I was teaching the Egyptians as a theme at school. I found lots of great art ideas in this book and the children loved their finished works of art. I found this book was a great resource to have and will use it many times.
on 15 February 2010
This is a stunning book, and arguably the best of this wonderful series (which is saying something). The range of activities is very varied and the historical context is respected (rather than presenting a 'Disney-fied' view of history). One of the most appealing aspects of this book is that the activities should appeal to both genders - one of my (small) criticisms of the Usborne Make and Do series is that the activities in each book tend to heavily favour either girls or boys, which is not the case with this title.
on 25 September 2013
My daughter has just started year 5 and her class is studying ancient Egyptian. She is really happy with this book, and although we only received it last week, she has already made half the projects in there. It is certainly keeping her occupied and only requires little supervision from adult so we are both really happy. The explanations and projects are really simple to execute and you don't need a massive amount of art & craft bits and pieces to complete. Yet the finished products are quite impressive for what they are and are certainly a great addition to "boring" homework.
on 18 March 2012
My class are studying ancient Egypt and I bought this for some new art and craft ideas to try out.A lovely range of art activities using different media and clear step by step instructions for them to follow.