on 4 September 2011
Bought this last week for very nervous schoolboy to be and he has really enjoyed it - has helped us to discuss school while he is having fun with the stickers. Older siblings also loved helping with the stickers and this meant they were also around to chat about their (positive) experiences of school, which also helped. Lovely cheerful illustrations. Would be a great present for any child about to start school - going to buy a couple more for friends.
on 2 May 2013
I am a Usborne fan, and this is one of the best I've ever bought. It has the usual excellent Usborne printing quality, very helpful activities to familiarise pre-schoolers with school procedures (getting dressed for school, packing your bag, etc...). The stickers can be easily removed for corrective placing. I loved it (my little one too) and would definitely suggest it.
on 3 October 2013
I'd recommend this book to anyone with a child starting school, because it shows the child what they will be expected to do at school. The stickers reinforce what they will do and help them feel familiar with school routines well in advance of experiencing them.
on 12 September 2011
Bought this for my 4 year old Daughter just before she started School it was very good as it shows a typical School Day from putting coats on pegs,getting changed for P.E.,Lunch through to going home. My daughter loved it and she had finished it within the day just couldnt put it down.
on 10 September 2011
This was a hit and a really good way of talking through going to school such as having a peg to hang your coat on etc etc. The only criticism from the 5-year old about to start school was that the school children have their own clothes on rather than a uniform.
on 21 October 2012
I bought this sticker book for my grandaughter as she was about to start school. Like all Usborne books I found it very good value for money with plenty of stickers inside. They always cater for the right age too. She is 4 years and 3 months and really had fun doing it.
on 9 September 2012
As with all usborne products, this is a nice book with good illustrations. I bought this for my 4 year old a couple of months before starting school. She really enjoyed the process of finding the stickers and putting them in the right place but that kind of took over and she didn't take much notice of the content of the book. I also bought Topsy and Tim Start School and Starting School by Allan Ahlberg and I think she has got more benefit from them, she asks for them time and again but since we finished the stickers, we haven't looked at this one again.
on 5 September 2011
My daughter had this just before starting school and liked seeing what was likely to be coming her way. Usborne sticker books are always great and this one didn't disappoint. It did not hold my daughter's attention like some do, but that may have been because we were on holiday rather than the sticker book.
on 21 September 2013
my daughter used this book with my grandson the week before starting school, she found it very useful to explain what he would see and do in school, very easy book to use and my grandson loved the stickers.
on 30 August 2012
All children love stickers and this book contains lots! Bought as a gift, this book helps pave the way for any school-newbie and makes school life seem a doddle! Covers the little things like having to tidy-up and hang coats up, things that form part of every day school routine - something everyone has take part in. Love the illustrations aswell. Would recommend for all rising five year olds about to start school for the first time.