5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Blood Tracks (Kindle Edition)
Had already read the author's first book, this I believe is better. Read it in two sitting and really enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood Tracks, 2 July 2013
Luis Zaldua (San Sebastian, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blood Tracks (Paperback)
This is the second thriller written by Paula Rawsthorne. It clearly confirms that she has a promising writing career before her. The book reminded me of the film "True Grit" where the protagonist is a young girl who is determined to see justice done to her father -who has been killed by an assassin-, even though no one listens to her.

The protagonist of "Blood Tracks is Gina Wilson. She also has true grit. She is determined to find out the truth about her father's death is strange circumstances. When everyone around her, even her mum, says no; she says yes. They all think she has gone mad but she pushes ahead nevertheless. With girls as determined as Gina the world would be a different place.

Gina is convinced that the truth will out eventually, and it does, after some blood curdling scenes that keep the story exciting to the end. Love is the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars realistic, 7 Mar. 2014
Review by Chris - Year 7

A 16 year old girl, Gina Wilson, is unsure about the cause of her dad’s death, and goes on a mission to seek the truth. Her suspicions turn when Uncle Tom enters the picture. But, can he be trusted?

The book’s target market was aimed for teens, around 14+ and contains some strong language, and violence.

I think the book really captured the feeling of the world turning against you, the anger of no one listening to you.
I would recommend this book to people who love reading because the book is very “realistic” meaning that the book is kept within the limits of real life. The author has really thought carefully about how someone would feel in this situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 5 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Blood Tracks (Paperback)
From the very first page, I was entranced by this wonderfully written tale of truth and deception, obsession and betrayal. How can I best put it? Well, it's essentially one of those stories that grips you from the outset and just won't let you go. To illustrate my point, I was reading the book in my garden, and became so engrossed in the plot that I only noticed, after I and the book almost got drenched, that it had started pouring with rain. Got the message? This is a writer who is clearly at the very top of her game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blood Tracks, 23 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Blood Tracks (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book as it enthralled me and I think it deserves 4 stars but it was as slight bit depressing with all the suicide and I love the way it started all mystery like and then brought out a violent truth of blood diamonds

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 24 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Blood Tracks (Kindle Edition)
I thought blood tracks was a really good book with a gripping plot. I think I read it in about day as I just couldnt put it down. It defo made a boring four hour flight to greece way more bareable and interesting. Overall a fantasic read that i would reccomend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood tracks, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Blood Tracks (Kindle Edition)
I would like to thank you for another fantastic book. I really enjoyed it and it couldn't put it down. A very clever plot and a nail biting ending. Definitely a must read for this year, I can't wait for the next book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 14 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Blood Tracks (Paperback)
This book is good for any age. Not only is it a page turner it also has a good plot and well thought out ending.
I am in my forties and took it on holiday and finished within two days and was left wanting more. Looking forward to a sequel please... Waiting in anticipation. Tim

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 20 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Blood Tracks (Paperback)
This book has a fast paced plot with 2 appealing lead characters. It's particularly good to see a strong girl as the heroine. I read it quickly to find out what would happen and then was sorry when it was finished. Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 1 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Blood Tracks (Paperback)
I have read both books by Paula and I think this one was even more gripping and page turning!!! I really enjoyed it and thought it was a well thought out story with a great central character. I shall look forward to the next one :-)

Blood Tracks
Blood Tracks by Paula Rawsthorne (Paperback - 1 Jun. 2013)