on 30 September 2011
The whole range of these wipeable books are amazing. My 3 year boy has shown no interest in writing/drawing/letters & now loves it. He can do them all by his self & just wipe them clean. The pen on the front soon gets lost so I just bought a few sets of whiteboard wipeable pens that can be used on these. Works with all the usbourne wipeclean books & also the usbourne travel card sets that are fantastic on journeys & to whip out at restaurants to keep toddlers busy. Love them.
on 21 February 2015
I use this when teaching English to Japanese children and while the idea behind the book is great - find the letters on the page, write over them in the black pen and then wipe it all off - I have no idea why they have the 'i' with a little tail on it. It's very confusing to people learning the alphabet.
on 14 January 2015
I have just purchased this for my almost four year old son and I'm a bit disappointed in this book. There are no words to accompany the letters or pictures - which appear to be randomly grouped and don't relate to the pictures on the page. For example there's a picture of a rocket which the child needs to fill in with letters 'a' and 'o', and a slide which is made up of 'g' and 'j'. I see the logic that the child sees letters as simply shapes and that this is largely a book to gain confidence for holding a pen/creating shapes but I think it would be better if the letters related directly to words, e.g. 'r' for rocket and 's' for slide!
on 8 February 2013
I bought this for my four year old, who is just starting to write. He loves this (he loves the numbers one and dot to dot one even more!). He sits at the table, just before meals, and often has a go at writing. We then just wipe it clean. This series of wipe-clean books are a good investment for those who are just learning to write.
on 25 March 2013
Fun for the kids and can be used over and over again whilst helping them learn to write. Very happy and a great buy.
on 8 March 2015
Bought this for my 3 year old daughter, she loved the bright colourful pics and at first couldn't follow the dotted lines very well, but could rub off and start again. After practise her pen control was much better and when she started school she was ahead with her writing due to great practise. Would recommend for any child starting to learn to write
on 31 December 2013
I love this wipe-clean series, it saves you spending a fortune on writing books which can only be used once and my son likes the novelty of being able to wipe it clean. Will be buying others in the series. Only trouble is that if you don't wipe the ink off within an hour or so it dries on and is really difficult to remove.
on 11 February 2015
Great book, keeps the kids interested. Younger children will need to sit with an adult for some of the activities for guidance. Has nice use of letters hidden in pictures rather then then usual lines and lines of letter writing which is sooooo boring. The book wipes clean really well with no left over residue.
on 28 May 2013
Bought for 3 year old daughter as she loves dot to dot at the moment and tracing letters and numbers - this book grabbed her attention well and she did them well, but she did get bored of the black pen and insisted on using her colouring pens (washable thankfully so still wiped off ok with a wet wipe!).
on 30 December 2013
It is a good buy, got my 3 year old son interested in writing. It is very colourful.
There is one minus - it was very difficult to remove the pen from the plastic case. I had to use a knife to slit the plastic case leaving it with ragged edges. There should be a better way to hold the pen.