5.0 out of 5 stars WOW
The first book in this trilogy, Angel, blew me away, and I'm often nervous about reading the second book in a trilogy as they are often not as good as the first book. But, Angel Fire was EVEN BETTER THAN ANGEL!!

Published on 8 Oct 2011 by IvyGirl24

3.0 out of 5 stars Angel Fire
I loved the first book in this trilogy and I felt the same way about the first 250 pages or so of this one. However, I felt that the story went downhill rapidly once Seb and Willow found each other. I found the Seb-Willow-Alex love triangle completely unnecessary and became unbelievably annoyed at Willow when she lied to Alex about her and Seb - even though I know that...
Published on 9 Jun 2012 by Blueberry Muffin

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 8 Oct 2011
This review is from: Angel Fire (The Angel Trilogy, Book 2) (Paperback)

I just can't believe how amazing this book is. The tension just gripped me and pulled me through the story, and it get tighter and tighter towards the end and I just couldn't put it down. I was up reading all night.

The love triangle is amazing. I thought it was all about Alex (dark, gorgeous, sexy and surely the hottest book-crush boy ever . . .) but then along comes Seb - the boy who has spent his entire life searching for Willow. As soon as you pick up the book, you know there's going to be trouble. I am SO TORN between these two gorgeous guys. They are both so different and yet both so unbelievably swoon-worthy.

And on top of the love-triangle, the action is this book is taken to a whole new level. I can't say any more because I don't want to risk any spoilers but OH. MY. GOD.

You have to read this book. (Well, read Angel first if you haven't read it already. I think it's called Angel Burn in the US). Forget Twilight. Forget EVERYTHING else you've ever read. It's all about Angel and Angel Fire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it even more than Angel!, 20 Oct 2011
Jess Hearts Books (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Angel Fire (The Angel Trilogy, Book 2) (Paperback)
Last year I fell in love with Alex, Willow, their romance, and Angel as a whole. Since then I've been pinning away for Angel Fire this second book in the series. Angel set the standard pretty high and I was expecting Angel Fire to live up to that but what I didn't expect was to be blown away even more than I was with Angel and I totally was.

L.A Weatherly takes everything fans loved about Angel and develops it more with this book. Straight away you're thrown back into the action right where Angel left off and are quickly immersed back into this amazing world. Angel Fire is very much an evolvement of Angel with the books roots being the same but with Weatherly adding more plot, more twists and obstacles for Alex and Willow to overcome, and some brand new characters to get to know and love. And this leads me very nicely on to talk about Seb. Oh god where to start with Seb? Seb is both a new character and obstacle that threatens Alex and Willows relationship. Considering how much I love Alex straight off the bat knowing Seb's going to come between one of my favourite couples should make me hate him right? And as much as I thought I would I couldn't, in fact I loved him. Seb makes this plot so much more fascinating and developed with him being another half angel and I loved what that meant for Willow and learning more about her abilities. On top of Seb being a beautiful half angel, he's also a hot, fiery Mexican bad boy who has a tragic past and is the sensitive, bookish type. Seb is my kind of guy and I think his character brought so much more to the story and took it to another level.

One thing that really stood out to me was L.A Weatherly's ability to make you feel compassion for all of the characters. Despite a lot of arguments between Seb, Alex and Willow I could always see things from every characters point of view making it impossible for me to dislike any of them or take sides. With love triangle's I'm usually really quick to decide which team I'm on and who I like and dislike but with this triangle I love all three of them so much that I just wanted them all to be happy. Although ultimately I'm still firmly team Alex and Willow I would still like to see Seb find love and happiness and therefore think that Lee should write me into the last book!

The plot is another aspect of the book that's more developed with the after effects of the arrival of the second wave of angels and the introduction of The Twelve- the angel's council. Despite this book being huge coming in at 709 pages I never got bored or felt like anything was dragging on longer than needs be. There was so much action, romance and suspense and I loved every single page. The climax to this book is huge and despite just spending over 700 pages in this world I wish that the next and final book to the trilogy Angel Fever was out now. Things literally exploded in this book and I'm so curious to see where L.A Weatherly takes us next with that ending. Overall Angel Fire is an un-miss-able sequel that I loved even more than its predecessor.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT, 9 Oct 2011
Sian Louise (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
No other words for it, but absolutely brilliant!

When I first started this and was introduced to Seb, I was thinking "oh no" thinking "oh God! not another love triangle!" To be honest, I dont mind love triangles but only when the girl/guy is absolutely not interested in the other person and its one sided from the other person.
And I dont want to say too much about this as I dont want to give spoilers but the love triangle was very well written and a conclusion was to it was made in this book. I fully expect there not to be much about it in the third and last book.

Oh I did like Seb...couldnt help but like him. He wasn't whiny and annoying and was quite mature for his age. Very similar to Alex in ways.

But Alex...I am loyal to him. He rocks and I can't help but wanting an Alex A.K (Angel Killer) for myself. I am not into younger men but oh how i adore him lol

Willow was brilliant in this as well. And as a character she is doing a lot of growing and developing, in not only her powers but as a character in general. I wanted her to stop being a dope at one point but in no way did she get as annoying as Bella did in the Twilight books.

The love story was very written and it was good to read how Willow's and Alex's love was developing as all these different things happened and obstacles in their path.
Alex is a character that is growing a lot as well, he is leader of the remaining AK's and with that comes a lot of responsibility and when reading you can see how well it actually suits him, even though he worries about it constantly.

The secondary characters of Kara and other AK's was really interesting also and it all made the story a lot fuller and rounder with quite a lot happening. And even though there was a lot happening, I didnt get confused at all point as the story just flowed really well.

I loved the writing and the characters. I even love the bad guys.
In general this was an excellent book and just as good if not better than the first Angel in the series. And in my opinion this series is better than Twilight.

This is a trilogy and the third and last book is out October 2012...no idea how I am going to make it waiting a year for the next one. I just cannot wait! On my wishlist it will go as soon as it appears :D

4.0 out of 5 stars Great couldn't put it down! Yet there was two main flaws in my opinion!, 31 Dec 2011
If you have read the first in this amazing series be sure to read this!I honestly don't mean to sound critical because I really couldn't put down this book1 Yet unfortunetly there was two main errors in my opinion. First of all, and this is almost laughable at, the character of Brendan was just the worst ever. Only because this otherwise amazing author neglected him throughout the duration of the book ! We were introduced to the character of Brendan along with the other A.K's (was I the only one who kept getting mixed up between Trish and Liz? Well he was introduced, and it seemed to me that he was never re-introduced or mentioned again until they were in the hotel ready to attack the council! Was this just me? Because I really forgot about him till the very end, since most of the attention was allways on Texan Sam in reference to the new A.K's. Aso I found the personality of Willow to be lacking in comparison to the first book, but that is just my opinion. It's that she didn't seem as developed or had basically as much "personality" as she did before. Otherwise thought it was great and would definetly reccomend it to a friend! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning sequel to the best-selling Angel., 10 Nov 2011
This review is from: Angel Fire (The Angel Trilogy, Book 2) (Paperback)
A stunning sequel to last years best-selling Angel, L.A Weatherly's Angel Fire will mesmerize readers from start to finish with non-stop action, heart-stopping danger, and a steamy romance that practically sizzles on every page. If you loved Angel, you will adore Angel Fire. YA doesn't get much hotter than this!

The action in Angel Fire takes place in the immediate aftermath of Alex and Willow's attack on the cult like Church of Angels which revealed shocking secrets and made Willow public enemy number one of the Church and its evil leader Raziel. Alex and Willow are on the move, and fast running out of places to hide as a Second Wave of Angels arrives making the Church of Angels even more powerful as they strive to infiltrate the minds of people worldwide. It's up to Alex and Willow to stop them, and for that they need help in the form of specially trained Angel Killers. Their search takes them to Mexico, a Church of Angels stronghold, where they find what they need, but at a price. This new band of Angel Killers, with links to Alex's past resent Willow on sight on account of her half-angel status declaring her to be unnatural and untrustworthy. No matter how Alex tries to reassure her that things will get better in time, Willow feels alienated from him and from the world around her. Then one day, a boy that she has only ever seen in her dreams finds his way into her life, and Willow feels as though she has known him forever, because Seb is half-angel too and he's been in love with Willow for as long as he can remember.

One of my favourite aspects of Angel was watching the romance between Angel Killer Alex and half-angel Willow develop as they tried and failed to deny their growing feelings for each other. In Angel their romance was dangerous and forbidden, but now having overcome the numerous obstacles facing them, they are finally happy together (and yes, have lots of hot make-out scenes!). That's until Seb turns up and makes no secret of the fact that he wants Willow for himself. Despite her relationship with Alex he refers to her as his `sweetheart' from the first day they meet which inevitably stirs feelings of jealousy in Alex and causes a whole lot of problems between him and Willow as she refuses to let go of her new friend who understand her in a way Alex never can. While I'm sure a lot of people will fall for Seb with his good looks and charm, it simply didn't happen for me. This love triangle did stir up a number of strong emotions in me though - namely anger at some of Willows actions and the mere presences of Seb. What can I say? I was smitten with Alex in Angel, but now it looks like I have a full on major Alex Kylar obsession going on! Poor Seb, he never stood a chance with me, but I know he's got a lot of other fans already, so don't feel too sorry for him!

An intoxicating blend of action and romance, Angel Fire is an impeccably researched and beautifully written book which is an emotional rollercoaster of a ride from start to finish. While Angel Fire is a huge book in YA terms at over 700 pages, L.A. Weatherly's style is such that the pacing is perfect ensuring that the plot remains intense and exciting throughout. I found the whole story so completely addictive that I read Angel Fire in two sittings, and I can't wait for more when the Angel Fever, the third and final book in the series releases in 2012. Bring it on!

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong as the First, 5 Nov 2011
S. Caughie "scaughie" (USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Angel Fire (The Angel Trilogy, Book 2) (Paperback)
'Angel' (or 'Angel Burn' as it's titled in the US) was one of my favorite YA books of all time. It was just so beautifully written and believable, the characters were so vivid and their love story so touching - all that while still being a page-turner! The middle books in trilogies are often the weakest link, and I really hoped this wouldn't be true of 'Angel Fire'. But when I realized it was going to involve a love triangle - something I think has been done to death in this genre - I decided not to expect too much.

And I was completely wrong! Yes, this book does contain a love triangle, and it does make up a significant portion of the plot, but the three characters are so endearing, and their conflicting feelings so believable, that it works. In fact, the challenges to the relationships in this book - and I can't really say more without giving too much away - were so compelling that I did something I haven't done in years: skipped to the end to see how it all came out. It was just too heartbreaking to keep reading without some light at the end of the tunnel. And I don't think it gives too much away to say that the ending is worth the painful parts - kind of like true love.

So. the reason I didn't give this five stars, like I gave 'Angel':

There are a lot of new characters in this book, but to me, only Seb was as compelling as Willow and Alex. In fact, the others never really became more than words on a page to me, and the parts they play in the story entirely two-dimensional. It almost felt like Weatherly only put them there to give Willow (and in one case, Alex) something to bounce off of. It was just too hard to believe that they'd all treat her exactly the same way, when they were such a varied group in such a volatile situation.

Another thing that bothered me was that the emotional climax was almost a verbatim repeat of the one in 'Angel' - different situation, but still basically Alex's hangups clashing with Willow's moral integrity so that he pushes her away when she needs him most, and only realizes his mistake when she's put in peril. I would have liked him to show a little more maturity this time around; in fact, he shows less. But hey, it makes for a great make-up scene!

There were also some sloppy bits that a less picky reader wouldn't notice, or wouldn't care about, but which drove me crazy - like the candles that are somehow already lit in the abandoned warehouse that Willow and Seb run to, allegedly on a split-second decision.

But overall, another great read. I'm really looking forward to the conclusion!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book ever, 7 May 2014
OMG L.A Weatherly's books just get better and better.And I thought Angel was a brilliant book, but Angel fire is WICKED!!! I wonder how fantastic Angel fever will be? Thanks for so many epic books x

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 14 April 2014
This is a great and fantastic book, amazingly long and fabulously written this is a book I could read over and over again

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book!, 3 April 2014
I loved it! It made me shocked, cry and laugh, I took me into a different world that was only for me and no one could take me out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A hard to put down rollercoaster of a book, 14 Mar 2014
S. J. Garrity (uk) - See all my reviews
After finishing Angel book 1 i was that enthralled that i purchased book 2 straight away. This book is even better than the first and that one i found hard to put down.
It will feel like your on a rollercoaster from the first page to the last, it will keep you gripped in suspense as to what will happen next.
Book 2 follows on from the aftermath at the end of book 1, It revolves around Alex and Willow and their love from each other that pours out at you off the pages its that well written, and a new character to the book,, Seb who is another half angel like Willow.
The story follows on their mission to try to rid the world of the angels who are feeding off the people of the world.
This book will have you gripped, teary and heart skipping a real page turner and i actually finished this book in two days after i found it that hard to put down and spend hours at a time reading it and once i had put it down i couldn't wait to get back to it.
A lovely read which i am sure you will love.

Angel Fire (The Angel Trilogy, Book 2)
Angel Fire (The Angel Trilogy, Book 2) by L.A. Weatherly (Paperback - 1 Oct 2011)