‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent way to make kids curious and knowledgable about London, 12 Mar 2012
This review is from: 50 Things to Spot in London (Usborne Spotters' Cards) (Cards)
We're going to visit London at Easter with our three young kids in order to show them at least the most important sights in the city and I bought this to spark off an interest in them, and what a success. My 8-year old twin girls just love me asking them to find the card about one of the 50 things to spot. Once they've found it they love reading about the place in question in order to tell me something interesting about it. They already know more about London than Barcelona which is where we live! I'm not sure if similar cards exist for other important cities, but I'll be trying to find out for further trips. Even I've learnt a thing or two!

5.0 out of 5 stars IDEAL CHILD FRIENDLY PACK, 26 Jun 2012
I was looking for some good resources to fire up enthusiasm about our trip to London this summer. I love the city and I am a teacher so there is a chance that I might overkill the whole experience dragging my guys, aged 6 and 8 round all the museum (this theory was postulated by my husband!). I read the other reviews of this pack and thought I would chance it. What a good decision. My son, aged 8 loves it. He's an average reader but is able to access the information on the back of the cards. He devised a game whereby he would give me snippets of information and I'd have to guess the landmark. He has picked out the ones he's most interested in and so now we can go where he wants to rather than where I think we should go! I'm really pleased with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea for older children to plan a London trip, 12 Nov 2012
These are a good idea for older children if you're planning a trip to London. The illustrations are nice and clear and there is a short explanation of the "thing to spot" on each card (Buckingham Palace, a Red London Bus, Nelsons Column etc.). They are roughly twice the size of "normal" playing cards so quite easy to read. You would also need to buy a tourist map though as there is no pointer on where to find things/places. (Would rate 5 stars if the publishers started including a map to accompany the cards)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 Oct 2012
Then kids loved this on a recent visit to London, they were keen to find the next landmark and make the full set, and I was able to tell them a little bit about each place.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for kids and grandparents, 7 Jun 2012
the pack of 50 things to spot in london was a great success. interactive with children and adults alike. the information on the rear was enough to keep the childrens attention.

well recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice for children, 27 Dec 2011
I bought this as a gift for my 11 year old son, this gave him things to look for and he loved the trivia on each card. For someone visiting London with children these are great he could sort the cards as he saw things and put the places we were going to in his bag for that day, it kept his attention and we all learned new facts.

5.0 out of 5 stars 50 things to spot in London cards, 11 Sep 2011
These cards provide clearly identifiable pictures of a wide range of things/places to visit in London. On the reverse there is an assortment of concise information, things to look out for, interesting facts as well as things to see near by and the nearest tube stations. They are easy to carry around with you and useful for a child to sort and look back at things they have seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful gift., 23 Jan 2012
This was described as 'cool!' by the 8 year old London-dweller who received it, and also as his best gift of Christmas 2011. A very good quality product with high-finish picture and information cards. Deinitely a good buy for any child with an interest in what goes on around them. Probably suitable for children 8 - 14, but I'm not an expert! The information was interesting for the adults too.

5.0 out of 5 stars just the ticket for kids, 5 April 2014
Just what we wanted for more background to a London holiday with two young children. Excellent service from The Book Depository.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exc buy, 26 Feb 2014
good idea to buy before travel, interesting for kids and adults! Added bonus they have the appropriate tube station on them too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa47e1f0c)

50 Things to Spot in London (Usborne Spotters' Cards)
50 Things to Spot in London (Usborne Spotters' Cards) by Rob Lloyd Jones (Cards - 28 May 2010)
5.99