4.0 out of 5 stars Things that move
Published 8 days ago by D. Wrigley

3.0 out of 5 stars Too American
I bought this book for my 15 month old little boy as he loves all vehicles. The book is a big success, but I have noticed that some of the words are American, such as Garbage truck not bin lorry?! Apart from this the book is great!
Published on 28 Oct 2011 by L. Calveley

4.0 out of 5 stars Things that move, 15 Oct 2014
D. Wrigley - See all my reviews
This review is from: Very First Words: Things That Move (Board book)
I bought this for my vehicle obsessed 18 month old son. It has a very large amount of vehicles in it everything from a bus, car & bike to a wheelchair, canoe & even skis! The only reason I've given it 4 stars and not 5 is because some of them are Americanised, the taxi is yellow, they called the child's sledge a toboggan (unfortunately not a common association word for young children). Most importantly from my son's view there isn't a single van in the book! Maybe instead of a car & a sports car there could have been a van? Overall though he likes it & it does what it's meant to in helping to recognise the vehicles & their words.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a favourite for boys, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Very First Words: Things That Move (Board book)
This is a very good book with a variety of vocab. Toddlers just love to point out and tell you everything they see that moves, so this is definitely one to buy for the younger ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope fulfilled, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Very First Words: Things That Move (Board book)
Bought in hope, this book has indeed become a favourite with my 16 month old grandson for whom wheels are fascinating. The images are clear and indentifiable, with their related words. The tractor is probably the most appealing to him. He was delighted with the book when he first saw it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice book, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: Very First Words: Things That Move (Board book)
A nice book with solid pages, I quite like the Usborne first words series. Book isn't as big as I would have thought though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too American, 28 Oct 2011
L. Calveley "Active Chick" (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars early board books, 14 Oct 2010
S. Coakley-Evans (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Very First Words: Things That Move (Board book)
Good bright clear pictures and pages not too crowded. Also loved the animal one in the same series. Great for little ones just beginning to understand and enjoy books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 'boy' book!, 2 Aug 2010
Kiri Vander Heiden (Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Very First Words: Things That Move (Board book)
I bought this for my 18mth old son.....he absolutely loves it! It's a wonderfully illustrated book for little boys. It doesn't have a storyline, but he loves to sit and 'read' it by himself. Highly recommended (like every other Usborne book!).

Very First Words: Things That Move
Very First Words: Things That Move by Felicity Brooks (Board book - 25 Sep 2009)