on 21 January 2012
My daughter is learning about houses and homes at school and this book is a perfect source of info.

The houses/homes are from long ago so don't expect houses from around the world today. There are full double page spread beautiful colour pictures. These include homes from ancient Egypt, Rome, China, a Viking longhouse, English manor, Italian palazzo, Dutch house, Indian haveli and an American dream house. The last pages have smaller lift the flap homes with American Tipis, Inuit igloos, Roma horse-drawn caravans, French chateau, Zulu hut and more.

It is hard backed and each page is made of thick card, so it should last a long time. She loves reading the bitesized chunks of information and then lifting the flap to find out a bit more. There are pictures around the outside of things to spot in each house. We are both learning things we didn't know.

Bought for my 6 year old but my 8 year old and i also enjoy it. Great for KS1 and KS2 topics and for encouraging reading.
on 24 June 2011
We bought this book for our daughter who is five after going round lots of National Trust properties. It wasnt quite what we were expecting which was lots of British houses from years gone by but in a way its better as it shows houses from all over the world which has been much more educational. Our daughter has loved the detail in the houses and flaps by the hundreds has kept her busy on long journeys when we couldnt read to her.
on 23 April 2014
My daughter has several "See Inside" books, and we enjoy them all. This one has not quite held her attention like some of the others, but she enjoyed lifting all the flaps. At 3 1/2, she is just a bit too young to understand much about the ancient Egyptians, Vikings or Romans. However, I do recommend this book for slightly older children (5 upwards) who will enjoy the discovery of these fascinating cultures. It is factual enough to help with school projects too.
on 13 April 2013
A delightful childs book. Very informative with lovely illustrations and lots of flaps to lift up showing more detail beneath.
on 25 October 2012
My seven year old daughter loves this book, she has already brought it into school for show-and-tell. She told me that the kids asked lots of questions when she was presenting. It's informative yet not overly textual, so it's presented more as a fun game with the added benefit of being a learning tool. The images are good, the quality is good, it's engaging and I expect that it will come along with us on a few road trips!

This is one of many Usbourne books that we have purchased for our daughter. I have to say that I have always been happy with the selection and quality of their products.
on 17 November 2012
This book gives you a glimpse into the lives of our ancestors. It's well made and lovely to read. It allows you to make a connection with the way people lived.
on 15 January 2013
I'm absolutely thrilled by this book! Nice pictures, good text and the kids just love this! Probably one of the best books we have bought! I highly recommend!
on 4 December 2012
My daughter is getting this for Christmas - she will love it!
It is so detailed and well thought out. I want it!!!!
on 17 January 2013
great book, made my niece very happy! She loved discovering all the different house trough history and all the details.
on 16 November 2012
This is very informative and is good for adults and children - my grand son loves it. Makes a good stocking filler