4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of detail for children who are curious, 24 Jun 2011
K. Lonsdale - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rubbish and Recycling (See Inside) (Usborne See Inside) (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my five year old who is very curious and she loves it but not as much as my three year old! He has grown up in a world of recycling and just loves to know the detail that this book provides. I too have learnt a lot from this book and would recommend it to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish facts and fun, 9 Mar 2011
Parents in Touch - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is a really important topic and it is essential that our children understand the issues involved and how they can play their part. This book takes a comprehensive look at what happens to the horrifying amount of rubbish which is produced, but does so in an approachable and interesting way. From what happens when we throw rubbish away and how it is collected right through to how it is recycled, the amount of detail in the book is amazing. There is lots on each page, with much more hidden under the flaps. The double page spread (with flaps underneath too) on a Materials recovery Factory is fascinating - I learnt a lot! Peter Allen's illustrations repay very close observation to make sure you miss nothing - including the plentiful touches of humour. This book will be a great help for topic work. Don't miss the rubbish facts at the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, interesting, good value., 27 Sep 2011
I bought this for my 6 year-old son. It is a huge hit: lots of information about what happens to rubbish after we throw it out and the format with lots of flaps to lift means there is a whole load of information on each page without seeming too "wordy". It is easy to follow the flow of information. The book is good quality and I think the flaps are going to be durable. I was surprised to find myself enjoying reading it too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a looked at!, 10 April 2014
Great book a must get book that's both educational and fun to read, we always hear them comment " well I did not know that?"
Buy it today will make any child's birthday present! check the age range first. Well illustrated with top quality detail that will keep your child happy for hours again and again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big hit with 4 year old and adults alike!, 17 Mar 2014
V. rachel - See all my reviews
Bought as a 4th birthday present and was a great success. Lots of flaps, pictures of machines and super educational! Explains what happens to rubbish, from household waste to airplanes. Works on lots of age levels, the adults definitely learned a lot too. I liked that it provided a link between what we do as individuals and the world around us, not just the environment but also all the jobs and processes that happen as a result of us recycling a yogurt pot. It will last a good few years as it is a nice sturdy book which remains engaging after multiple readings. We have a few 'see inside' books and I would say this one which is suitable for younger readers (age 3 up perhaps). Also a good one for those with a love of machines. Goes into lots of detail, how the various materials are sorted and recycled, landfills, water: sewers, purification, compost, rubbish collection and so on. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 4 year old boy, 2 Jan 2014
Excellent images/content that really gauge his attention. Perfect for children who are fascinated by how things work. "mummy we need to recycle everything, i don't want rubbish on our planet" were his last comments when reading the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 14 May 2013
My little boy has a fascination with recycling and rubbish so this book was perfect for him. The fold out middle and windows that little fingers can open are great for encouraging interaction and keeping them interested. He loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars So clever, 5 April 2013
My three year old son absolutely loves this book and looks through it every day. It is a really interesting book. Definitely worth a purchase, especially if you have a child obsessed with dustbin lorries!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting for all ages, 1 Mar 2013
I borrowed this for the local library for my nearly 4 year-old son, as he has always loved watching the dustbin men and enjoys visits to the dump! We knew after the first read that it would have to be a 'keeper' - the facts and figures are so interesting, the flaps are sturdy and relevant, and I have learned a lot! The detail in the illustration is amazing, he always finds something new, and tells me stories about how different bits of rubbish get recycled. We will be reading this one for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ok so I'm a sad local councillor interested in waste policy, 5 Mar 2012
and I love this series, but more importantly so does my three year old daughter - beautifully made with loads of flaps to open, whilst learning useful facts and how things work.

Rubbish and Recycling (See Inside) (Usborne See Inside)
Rubbish and Recycling (See Inside) (Usborne See Inside) by Alex Frith (Hardcover - 28 Sep 2010)