5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent start for French vocab
Published on 8 Sep 2010 by Cinnamon Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Although the cards are nice and high quality
Published 16 days ago by Anya Hillery

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent start for French vocab, 8 Sep 2010
This review is from: French for Beginners Flashcards (Usborne Language for Beginners Flashcards) (Cards)
I bought these so my son could learn some basic vocab before a trip to France - and before the start of his year in secondary school where he would start learning French. They are excellent! The French pronunciation is spelled out in the bottom right hand corner - to be read in the way it is said and that is quite helpful. There's quite a variety of vocabulary and we have taken to putting a few of the cards up around the house for easy memorisation through constantly seeing them.

5.0 out of 5 stars French Flash Cards, 13 April 2011
Although the box illustration may put adults off as they think they are purchasing a childs product, I found these a great way to learn. I think that having the cards give you the word in English, French and pronunciation is excellent. Definately a good buy for those who want to pick up basic French.
Worth every Penny/Euro :)

5.0 out of 5 stars french for beginners flashcards, 13 May 2011
Brilliant. Kids love them. Really handy, great pictures and displays how the word should be said. I learnt a lot too. Fab

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 14 Feb 2012
They are very clear and we are all learning a word a day. Each card shows the English word, the French word and how it is pronounced. My 7 year old loves them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flashcards, 10 Oct 2011
My family and I love these flashcards and it has been of great help in the course of learning French. I sometimes bring it with me to work to amuse my colleagues.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 5 Jan 2011
Really great value and good qualty flash cards for my 7 year old learning franch at school . Alos bought the french book to go with it .

3.0 out of 5 stars Although the cards are nice and high quality, 11 Aug 2014
Anya Hillery - See all my reviews
Although the cards are nice and high quality, I have to say that they took a very long time to arrive. I had arranged to have them posted to a holiday destination, but we had already finished our holidays and left the rental, when I finally got word that they had arrived there. Then I had to arrange, at extra cost and hassle, for them to be sent on to a new address. We have only just finally got them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Mar 2014
Great quality cards. Large size cards.Lovely and bright for young children. Easy to use. Pronounciation given along with French spelling

4.0 out of 5 stars Brillliant!, 4 Feb 2014
TheShopaholic (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
We are moving to France and the kids needed a quick and enjoyable way to pick up some French nouns. They are ages 12, 10 and 4 and all three like these cards. The only problem with them is that the picture and the word are on the same side of the card (as they are double sided) so in holding up the card to test them you have to try and make sure you have your finger over the word so they cannot read it! We actually have a laugh when using these, simple effect and good fun to learn new words. The card is fairly thick too so they should stand a bit of use.

Very good for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but not perfect, 26 Jan 2014
Very nice in general, but for efficient learning it would be much better if it had a picture on one side and a word on the other side. I understand, it would mean twice as many cards, but it would actually be better to have a separate card for each word, because then you can easily manage which ones you have checked and which ones are still to be examined.

French for Beginners Flashcards (Usborne Language for Beginners Flashcards)
Used & New from: 10.76